Hacking i have 2 r4 cards

jeremy.n79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys,

i'm actually happy to have found this site and i hope you guru's can help me with my situation.

i followed this guide (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164359) step by step and decided that the r4ysauto was the best way for me to get ysmenu on my r4 cards.

now here is the problem:

i have 2 r4 sdhc cards. one from r4sdhc.com and the other from r4ultra.com.

the card thats from r4sdhc.com works flawless with ysmenu but the one from r4ultra.com doesnt.

ive tested all 4 methods on the ysauto on the r4ultra but i get a "unsupported dldi name" or i get stuck at the loading screen.

in the first post, the original poster states that ysmenu wont not work on the r4 sdhc. i got ysmenu to work on my r4 sdhc using the ysmenu as a normal nds file method. does the original poster mean that the ysmenu wont work on the r4 sdhc utlra? its not very clear the way he posted it. cause it seems to work with my r4 sdhc.

if in fact that ysmenu works on the r4 sdhc ultra or r4ultra can someone help me.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that they are both clones - of which I am sure you already know. As such there is no guarantee that the internal hardware of one ultra is the same as another. What I am saying is; it may work for you but not others and vice versa on the one that won't work for you.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those 2 carts have different firmwares, hence are different clones. You should notice the contacts area look different and the Ultra cart did actually have the R4Ultra website listed in small print on the bottom on the front (yours could be different?).
For all intents and purposes these two carts look and operate exactly the same, with the original R4's interface (except the Ultra will display R4 themes without 'conversion' and more importantly, you cannot manually select the theme of choice (need to wait for monthly auto-change).

I thought I read in another topic on here that YSMenu will not work on the R4Ultra, but I admit I could be mistaken.

jeremy.n79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Those 2 carts have different firmwares, hence are different clones. You should notice the contacts area look different and the Ultra cart did actually have the R4Ultra website listed in small print on the bottom on the front (yours could be different?).
For all intents and purposes these two carts look and operate exactly the same, with the original R4's interface (except the Ultra will display R4 themes without 'conversion' and more importantly, you cannot manually select the theme of choice (need to wait for monthly auto-change).

I thought I read in another topic on here that YSMenu will not work on the R4Ultra, but I admit I could be mistaken.

thanks for the response. yes i know my carts are clones. im just confused why my r4 sdhc works with ysmenu when its stated in the post i linked in my first post wouldnt work

ive read couple of people on here getting the r4 sdhc ultra to work with ysmenu. so i'm just curious to how they got them to work for them.

i know both the firmware on the r4 sdhc and the r4 sdhc ultra are different, ive downloaded the corresponding firmware from r4sdhc.com and from r4ultra.com. both firmware work with certain games but ive noticed that ysmenu will run games that the original firmwares of both carts wont run. thats why im trying to use ysmenu.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you used r4ysauto? [or whatever it was called...] i think its better to do it manually, because it worked better for me.

r4ysauto was way too confusing for me.
tongue.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
basher11 said:
you used r4ysauto? [or whatever it was called...] i think its better to do it manually, because it worked better for me.
r4ysauto was way too confusing for me.
tongue.gif
Did you successfully load YSMenu onto R4Ultra (OP and myself, to a lesser degree would be interested to know), or is this just simply your impression of which method is easier?
blink.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, terrific help guys, but WE knew that.

Although there's this: taken from the R4 Sticky "All firmwares for the R4":
R4i Ultra
Official Firmware - 1.55
YSmenu - You can learn how to get it from here.
AKAIO - 1.4.1

Hence, the confusion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom