giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So as the title says, I hate my notebook. It never does as it's told, I have like 50GB free space and it's convinced I only have 500MB. It decides whether it wants to connect to my modem or not and it always cuts out, I wouldn't mind if I was mega far away from the modem but I'm like 6 foot away from it. The download speed disgusts me, on my desktop I can get download speed up to 3MB per second but on my notebook I can only get 200KB per second, and the upload is crud I only get 70KB per second. My search indexer is about as useful as a used tampon, it always has an error and it's easy to fix but still it shouldn't do it. I've done so many scans and there are no viruses what so ever, I defragment it every Sunday and I do a disk clean up every Wednesday. I clear my browsing data every 2 days, but still it insists on being a turd. I might just throw it down the stairs and get my mum to buy me a new one.

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
seahorsepip said:
let me guess: you use norton and windows is slow and somewhat a full harddisk without having much big files?
I use Avira, it displays on "My Computer" that I have 50GB of free space but when I do a system health check it says my memory is low and displays just under 500MB left of memory.

seahorsepip

Trophies
Website
seahorsepip.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess another norton user like my dad that think pc keeps clean with such a stupid antivirus and defragmentation
rofl.gif

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
seahorsepip said:
I guess another norton user like my dad that think pc keeps clean with such a stupid antivirus and defragmentation
rofl.gif
I just said I don't use Norton. I know you need to do a hell of a lot more to keep your pc clean but I'm 99% sure that it isn't infected with anything. I only defragment it because it actually makes it respond after.

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
'Cause I would rather throw it down the stairs and get a new laptop. Plus not to be distrusting or anything but I don't like the idea of people looking at all of my computer stuff.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
...all problems sound somehow windows related,so I would suggest you pay someone few pounds to reinstall windows (7 or xp),use light anti viruses like avg (dunno about avira ), defragmentation is pretty useless in your situation, you should learn to install windows yourself cause its best to do it every few moths, depends how hard you fck your windows
tongue.gif

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
giratina16 said:
I might just take it all the way back to factory settings then stick a magnet right next to it and watch it die slowly.

or you should break this one apart ... and get a summer job earn nuff money buy a damn notebook,and then think about breaking it apart..

...no hard feelings but if you cant afford something don't break it,run to mum and ask for another one 
hate2.gif

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
giratina16 said:
Well my mum said she would buy me another one if this one breaks. I get what you mean though, other people aren't as lucky as me.

I am glad you understand.. and good luck with windows or hammering them or whatever you do
biggrin.gif

grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.