Hacking I got PS3usbjailbreak, need recomendations.

GNkyrios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The PS3 im going to get is the slim 160gb(they come with FW 3.40 right?), so what payload and game manager do u recomend me?, supposedly my device can downgrade from 3.5, but what things it wont be able to do?

also about the "original BD game on drive" i read that theres way to avoid this, but if i have one, is it better, or safer to do it this way?

and yes i read Rydian's faq already.

thanks in advance, if u know any other useful tip feel free to add.

PS:im interested on playing Blazblue continuum shift, i wont be able to update it or use DLC right? (by looking at the compatibility list), but what if i have the original game? any way to do it? like getting the update files from a FW 3.5+ console and puting them on mine to run the game on Retail mode?

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
lol a lot of questions, you can check a good review of ps3usbjailbreak on psx-scene
however if you got 3.5 you need to downgrade first
jailbreak only at 3.41 and i recommend to use hermes v4b because many games compatible
but ps3usbjailbreak easy to change with his updater so you can change anytime
most loader now don't need bluray games anymore
ciao

GNkyrios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
thanks.

oh and something else i havent read, EVERYTIME u start your PS3 u need to press power and eject? and no BD or usb devices conected?

Eddieh1979

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use the JB usb device and do the power/eject sequence directly from a cold boot. If you do the sequence wrong, you have to unplug the system and start over. You can't have other devices plugged into usb while doing the power/eject sequence either. There are plenty of game loaders that don't require an original disc.

In other related news, you might not need to use a JB device much longer. Recently, Sony's private key has been discovered and it will soon be possible to sign your own software so that it will work on ANY unmodded machine on any firmware. In the next few months people will start releasing emulators, game loaders, utilities and homebrew games and they will all be signed to work without the need for a jailbreak. Sites like psx-scene.com and psgroove.com will offer more detailed info if you want to keep current with the ps3 modding scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021