i got an error message today...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by KingAaron08, May 25, 2010.

1. KingAaron08
    OP

KingAaron08 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2010
    United States
    My Acekard2i is fully updated and has been working for the past 3 months, but today i got the "an error has occured. press and hold the power button to turn the system off." error. I cant access anything on my DSi, even with my acekard out of the system. Any suggestions?

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    That's the error message you get when you run a non updated Acekard 2i. As your DSi is giving you the error message even without an Acekard inserted, your DSi is buggered (not from using it with an Acekard) Have a look in the Cart Slot and check your DSi's contacts are OK.

3. spark1223

spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    United States
    I think we heard this from someone else and it was a blown fuse or sonething. Either way the dsi needed to be repaired.

4. Miser

Miser Banned

Banned
    Mar 25, 2010
    That's debatable. I've seen a couple of threads like this before on the Acekard section and it's common knowledge? that they're not the best build quality. Like spark said, it's probably a blown fuse or some other hardware problem.

5. kingofgamesgx

kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

May 12, 2009
    United States
    TC try the paper trick as a minor contact issue will sometimes give me that message i just take out of AK2i put a piece of cardboard cut to fit behind it (sticker side) and put it back in

you can use the paper trick in tk_saturn's guide and it might fix it i use the cardboard behind it for my own reason [​IMG]

6. Miser

Miser Banned

Banned
    Mar 25, 2010
    I doubt it's a minor contact issue since he's getting the error even without a card inserted.

7. Shorkio

Shorkio GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2009
    Finland
    Your harddrive
    I think you should send it to repair, if you still have warranty (and don't tell that you used flashcart) [​IMG]

8. kingofgamesgx

kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

May 12, 2009
    United States

that part i didn't read ,lol guess thats what i get for posting at 8:23AM anyway sorry for any confusion,and GL TC

9. KingAaron08
    OP

KingAaron08 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2010
    United States
    I got my DSi a week before my Acekard in February so I think I should still be ok for warranty. Thank you for replying tho [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice