Gaming I got a PSP

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo i know I havent been seen around here for quite some time (if anyones been wondering
laugh.gif
). Ive been pummeled by homework since I started school, and it really takes up most of my time. Last week I went to target and saw GTA VCS (ive played and passed LCS). Soooo i Decided to get a PSP. Used of course, i picked it up for $75 with 3 games, Screen protector since the first day it was born. Its got FW 2.71
wtf.gif
not sure exactly whats so special about it, but judging that today's firmwares are >3.0 it seems to be a delicious thing to have. So expect to see me a bit more around here
smile.gif
? If I have time. Even as I type theres a voice in the back of my head bugging me to do my homework. New system + homework = sad
frown.gif

GTA here i come
biggrin.gif
Tomorrow.
frown.gif

S

scubersteve

DUUUUDE!

FW 2.71 is low enough to downgrade with the libtiff exploit!
Look for 2.71 downgrader on pspupdates.qj.net, and re-update to a CFW.
Then use it to play *ahem* "backups" on your PSP!
You can also play PSX "backups" after you convert the ISO file.

Awesome, eh?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have fun! I really enjoyed the GTA games on the PSP, having portable GTA just kicks all kinds of arse.

Also as scuber states downgrade that sucker then update to CFW, all the benefits of regular firmware but you get to play with homebrew and emulators.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh!! Awesome
smile.gif

For now im looking to play some GTA and some Socom on it... Keep it un HAXED for now, until I get bored and get more time. Thanks alot guys
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

oh, gets me thinking. I'll likely have to update the PSP if i wanna play Socom, right? Should I HAX right now before getting the game? Or will it ask me to do it regardless
unsure.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahhh!! Awesome
smile.gif

For now im looking to play some GTA and some Socom on it... Keep it un HAXED for now, until I get bored and get more time. Thanks alot guys
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

oh, gets me thinking. I'll likely have to update the PSP if i wanna play Socom, right? Should I HAX right now before getting the game? Or will it ask me to do it regardless
unsure.gif

I'm not sure what update is contained on Socom, but if it is above 2.71 then yes it would require you to update the official firmware in order to play it.

You would be better off installing the custom firmware now and then you can play everything including your official UMD games no problems. It's really not that hard to downgrade and install, as long as you don't turn your PSP off during the process there is no way you can brick your PSP.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Just so y'know, things from CFW that you will be different from normal Sony firmware:

First glace, nothing. M33 CFW looks exactly the same. Really, it'll look, feel, and play just like it normally would.

But, with CFW, under the games list, you can put emulators, PSP isos, PSX isos (converted), homebrew, etc.

Pressing select will bring up a menu that will, among other things, let you change the PSP clock speed. Don't confuse this with overclocking. The PSP is actually built to be a 333mhz cpu. But, Sony underclocks it to 222mhz to save battery power.

Overall, it just opens the PSP up to do much more. Oh, and if anything ever messes up, CFW has a recovery mode to fix whatever might be wrong (along with lots of other settings).

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighy, so i feel like good old times, asking about flashme
laugh.gif

i found this easy "how to" guide:
http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-firmware-...-6-27-07-a.html

Im planning to do the Easy 2.71 TA-082 Downgrader, since it seems like the easiest and most straight forward. I will downgrade to 1.5. From there update to 3.8?

From 1.5, i found this other "how to" http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-firmware-...b-friendly.html

Soo, ill have to slowly update all the way up to 3.8 m33??

Im quite confused by all these numbers
unsure.gif

whats up with all this
3.71M33-4

from what I understand its firmware 3.71, M33=??? -4 is the 4th revision??

Yes, im a noob
tongue.gif
but all these numbers are hella confusing. WHY CANT YOU BE LIKE FLASHME???
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1