Question I got a problem with Checkpoint on the Nintendo switch

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by sotiris056, Nov 2, 2019.

1. sotiris056
    OP

sotiris056 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2018
    France
    Hello. For a while now I've been using Checkpoint on my Nintendo Switch to backup my save files. Everything was working fine until today. The problem is that when I try to create a new backup, I always get the error message "Operation aborted by the user" and the error code 0x0. However. If I try to overwrite an older backup the process completes succesfully. I tried redownloading the checkpoint nro and replacing it. I've also tried installing Checkpoint via the Homebrew App store. I still have the same problem. Can anyone help me please? I'm using Checkpoint v3.7.3 on 9.0.1|AMS 0.9.4|S

2. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
    try checkpoint 3.5

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The name of the folder might be invalid, particularly if the user name has invalid characters or spaces.

3.7.3 is stable and recommended.

4. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
    nah, I cant use 3.7.x also
    older versions will work fine

5. sotiris056
    OP

sotiris056 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2018
    France
    Thank you very much. Checkpoint 3.5 works but then I tried 3.6 and it also worked so I put the 3.6 version.

dsrules likes this.
  6. iKing_PR

iKing_PR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2014
    United States
    for some reason I cant backup Pokemon Sword also when I re-enter app I get an error. currently using 3.7.3

7. kalitbartman

kalitbartman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2011
    3.7.3 wasn't working for me i put on my old 3.6.x and worked straight away

it might be something about this

you shouldn't launch Checkpoint or homebrew in general in applet mode

and someone said press R + Any game/album to open the HB menu Both ways should open the homebrew menu. But doing it through a game will not limit you to applet mode. Hold R until you are in the homebrew menu

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

3.7.3 wasn't working for me i put on my old 3.6.x and worked straight away

it might be something about this

you shouldn't launch Checkpoint or homebrew in general in applet mode

and someone said press R + Any game/album to open the HB menu Both ways should open the homebrew menu. But doing it through a game will not limit you to applet mode. Hold R until you are in the homebrew menu

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted