I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I finally decided I'd put my G5 up for sale on Monday, and placed some ads online. Yesterday I got an email from a business saying they wanted it, and since they were in town I was nice enough to bring it over to their office. The owner was very happy to write me a $2,500 cheque which made me happy
smile.gif

The reason I wanted to sell my G5 was to upgrade to a Mac Pro, as I like to keep current, and Intel processors in Macs is the way we are now. So anyways, my dad offers to take me over to the Apple store last night and buy my new computer, and boy is it ever sweet! Here's the specs on it:
• 8-Core 3.2GHz Intel Xeon Processors
• 2GB FB-DIMM DDR2 Memory (Expandable to 32GB!)
• 1TB Hard Drive Space (Expandable to 4TB with 4 drive bays)
• 2x 'SuperDrives' (Just 16x Dual Layered Burners)
• NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB Videocard
• 2 Gigabit Ethernet and Bluetooth built in

My wife wouldn't let me take it out of the box yesterday because she said if I bought it I had to watch Across the Universe with her... so I beared with it
tongue.gif
But the beast has been unleashed this morning, and it is INCREDIBLE!

Just wanted to share my love story
happy.gif

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hankchill said:
So I finally decided I'd put my G5 up for sale on Monday, and placed some ads online. Yesterday I got an email from a business saying they wanted it, and since they were in town I was nice enough to bring it over to their office. The owner was very happy to write me a $2,500 cheque which made me happy
smile.gif

The reason I wanted to sell my G5 was to upgrade to a Mac Pro, as I like to keep current, and Intel processors in Macs is the way we are now. So anyways, my dad offers to take me over to the Apple store last night and buy my new computer, and boy is it ever sweet! Here's the specs on it:
• 8-Core 3.2GHz Intel Xeon Processors
• 2GB FB-DIMM DDR2 Memory (Expandable to 32GB!)
• 1TB Hard Drive Space (Expandable to 4TB with 4 drive bays)
• 2x 'SuperDrives' (Just 16x Dual Layered Burners)
• NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB Videocard
• 2 Gigabit Ethernet and Bluetooth built in

My wife wouldn't let me take it out of the box yesterday because she said if I bought it I had to watch Across the Universe with her... so I beared with it
tongue.gif
But the beast has been unleashed this morning, and it is INCREDIBLE!

Just wanted to share my love story
happy.gif
Nice dude, I'm saving money my self for a macbook
Mac is the best

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Subtotal $4,949.00
Please note that your subtotal does not include sales tax or rebates.

wtf.gif

And that is with no software/monitor/peripherals included.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
SomeGuyGG said:
Subtotal $4,949.00

wtf.gif

Actually, the subtotal was only $4,849
tongue.gif

It does come with the software and peripherals actually, no screen though, which is fine, because I've got my 22" widescreen.

Total came to $5,479.39... and I just spent $200 on an extra 4GB of RAM
tongue.gif

I am so frickin piss broke now
blink.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
hankchill said:
SomeGuyGG said:
Subtotal $4,949.00

wtf.gif

Actually, the subtotal was only $4,849
tongue.gif

It does come with the software and peripherals actually, no screen though, which is fine, because I've got my 22" widescreen.

Total came to $5,479.39... and I just spent $200 on an extra 4GB of RAM
tongue.gif

I am so frickin piss broke now
blink.gif

I got the same as him on the Apple Store.
And wth? You're damn rich.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ouch, thats brutal that your wife made you sit through a movie before you could open your new toy! I can only imagine the torture that was!

I'm getting a MacBook for University, and my parents are ordering it for me very soon. I can't wait to join you Mac owners!

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!
Now get the following Software!:
iAlertU
http://slappingturtle.com/home/

"iAlertU is the first of its kind alarm system for your Apple MacBook computer. Basically iAlertU is a car alarm for your Apple Mac. iAlertU uses the built in sudden motion sensor (SMS) device to detect movement of your Apple MacBook and triggers an audible and visual alarm. The alarm can also be triggered by keyboard and mouse/trackpad movement. The alarm is designed to continue sounding even after the Apple MacBook screen has been closed. iAlertU is activated and deactivated using the infrared remote control included with every Apple MacBook computer. User adjustable settings let you decide which type of alarm triggers you would like to use, the duration of the alarm, and motion sensor sensitivity. iAlertU also features functionality which utilizes the built in iSight camera to photograph the would be thief and then email the photo to a user specified email address. Check out the demo video on YouTube."

Scroll down all the way to the bottum of the page.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
SavageWaffle said:
Awesome!
iAlertU

"iAlertU is the first of its kind alarm system for your Apple MacBook computer. Basically iAlertU is a car alarm for your Apple Mac. iAlertU uses the built in sudden motion sensor (SMS) device to detect movement of your Apple MacBook and triggers an audible and visual alarm. The alarm can also be triggered by keyboard and mouse/trackpad movement. The alarm is designed to continue sounding even after the Apple MacBook screen has been closed. iAlertU is activated and deactivated using the infrared remote control included with every Apple MacBook computer. User adjustable settings let you decide which type of alarm triggers you would like to use, the duration of the alarm, and motion sensor sensitivity. iAlertU also features functionality which utilizes the built in iSight camera to photograph the would be thief and then email the photo to a user specified email address. Check out the demo video on YouTube."

Mac Pro != MacBook

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
myuusmeow said:
SavageWaffle said:
Awesome!
iAlertU

Mac Pro != MacBook

That's right, this would only work for my Macbook Pro
tongue.gif

vicv666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SavageWaffle said:
Awesome!
iAlertU

yeah i have a mac book pro and i have that program too, in a mac book or mbp is better because of the movement sensor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi