I got a job

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, it's gonna suck for you later in life when you have to get a real job and you don't make $140 a day after working for 8 hours.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Darmanitan said:
naglaro00 said:
Would you mind telling us what those favors are?

Sure.
"Hey I need a brochure for my company, can you take care of that?"
"Kay I need a huge poster for the exhibitions, can you design one?"
"Can you get this to him by x 'o clock?" Well I don't really get all that cash for a stupid favor like this, heck, I won't even accept taking cash for that .___.
"I need you to fix up my website, can you do that?"
etc.

If that's the case then it seems plausible

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Darmanitan said:
SamAsh07 said:
Darmanitan grats on your job, I just read the blog, and before I say anything further, I'd like to know which dollars are you getting paid in?? It's definitely not US dollars. Your flag says Atlantic Ocean which is like "lolwut". Anyways please reply a.s.a.p.

US dollars.
The Atlantic Ocean thing is a joke
tongue.gif

I couldn't help but notice it as a choice in the drop down list, so yeah.
Oh, and thanks
smile.gif
Ok, I just checked on XE, you get $140/hr which is BD52 in my country (enough to buy 2 3DS games) and that is quite quite reasonable, I remember doing a job similar to this and I got paid BD50 per hour, which if converted to US dollars, gives $132/hr. I too was hired by a family member of the company.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Narayan: Yes I do work for a family member, but that's not quite the case.
I actually kind of force the relative to give me less than others, because it's not fair, and I'm only an uneducated school kid. So... yeah, the actual employees get more than me
tongue.gif

Linkiboy said:
Either way, it's gonna suck for you later in life when you have to get a real job and you don't make $140 a day after working for 8 hours.
Who knows what may happen in the future?
wink.gif

All I have to do is aim high, work hard and see what wonderful consequences I get.

QUOTE(fishykipper @ May 23 2011, 09:42 PM) haha, you boy are living in a dream world!!

ps. just found out I got a pay rise, £200 per hour :-D
That is nice
biggrin.gif

Congrats!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darmanitan said:
SamAsh07 said:
Darmanitan grats on your job, I just read the blog, and before I say anything further, I'd like to know which dollars are you getting paid in?? It's definitely not US dollars. Your flag says Atlantic Ocean which is like "lolwut". Anyways please reply a.s.a.p.

US dollars.
tongue.gif

Oh, and thanks
smile.gif
If you live in the US than that's definitely not good. Without a work permit you are not allowed to work, especially not that kind of job. Bad things will happen if that gets out.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
machomuu said:
Darmanitan said:
SamAsh07 said:

US dollars.
tongue.gif

Oh, and thanks
smile.gif
If you live in the US than that's definitely not good. Without a work permit you are not allowed to work, especially not that kind of job. Bad things will happen if that gets out.

Dude like, it's not actually an official job. I just go around the company doing people favors when they want me to, and they give me cash as a personal thing, but I don't get as much as the other employees. (obviously. Heck, I'm even lucky I earn anything at all! )
Btw, my parents own the company, so this 'job' will hopefully always be available in case of an emergency in which I'd need it.
smile.gif

Oh and a major fail happened today.
The company's having some really important meeting, so again my help was needed for $140. I had to prepare a portfolio and some handouts and whatnot.
After photoshopping them, getting them printed in a print shop, and turning them into like a small booklet, I went to the one who asked for this favor and gave her the stuff. She kind of forgot to pay me, so I wanted to kindly and indirectly ask her for money. I said "Umm.. by the way... it's totally okay.. I don't really need the money.......
smile.gif
.."
"Oh okay then! Thanks for being so kind!"
What a fail. Gonna have to work an extra hour for that
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY