I get asked to update under emunand...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Thirty3Three, May 26, 2014.

1. Thirty3Three
    OP

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    I thought emunand-gateway mode was supposed to stop those...?

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    What version of emunand? 7.1?

Does it ask you to update even in sysnand?

3. Thirty3Three
    OP

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    I was and still am on emunand 4.5. But I thought in general, it'd stop asking during gateway mode.

And i dunno.

4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    I got asked once, and then again, after I'd been messing around with some online stuff, but after I rebooted the 3ds and went back into Gateway mode, it stopped asking.

5. djricekcn

djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2009
    United States
    your wifi is on?

6. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    If you had your wifi enabled long enough for your 3DS to auto-download the latest update, then there's no way to get rid of the popup without formatting your 3DS. Gateway mode is not designed to stop this from happening. This will happen if you're not on the latest firmware in emuNAND and your wifi is enabled long enough for your console to fully download the latest update. It's happened to me too, but it's not a big deal. I just say no every time. So there's only 2 ways to avoid this popup: 1. Never have your wifi enabled, or 2. be on the latest firmware version in emuNAND (which currently isn't possible without incompatibility issues with some applications, namely eShop and emuNAND's System Settings).