XP
Country
United States

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also find it weird that they refer to Wii iso's as "Wii ROMS" in a legal document on the AP site. Also, how would you "identify" that someone else is pirating games because of a modchip? (one of the main points of the site is for others to report piracy) You'd have to open up someone's Wii to find out.
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL, they also have DS "game copying devices" but only list R4 and a passme. They, like the world in general, obviously think all flashcarts are R4s.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL! they even posted which modchip to get!if Nintendo wrote this they are idiots they
need to stop worrying about piracy and make some new games!great games!!i havent been
excited about a wii game since Sonic and the Black Knight

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
LOL, they also have DS "game copying devices" but only list R4 and a passme. They, like the world in general, obviously think all flashcarts are R4s.
They also list a "Moonshell media player"
unsure.gif

hooovahh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I just want to poke a few holes here to vent.

QUOTE said:
A Nintendo emulator is a software program that is designed to allow game play on a platform that it was not created for. A Nintendo emulator allows for Nintendo console based or arcade games to be played on unauthorized hardware. The video games are obtained by downloading illegally copied software, i.e. Nintendo ROMs, from Internet distributors.

I don't have to download a ROM to play it, if I use a Gamecube emulator and put in my physical copy of my game into my PC. I didn't obtain it by downloading illegal copies it was my copy I bought and I own. I put it in an unauthorized device, but I did it, not like I'm going to go complain to Nintendo that my emulator doesn't work.

QUOTE said:
The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he/she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic.

If we're talking Wii, then I would say that I backup my Wii games to my USB hard drive, that is my copy of my authentic game which I am the rightful owner of. If we talking older stuff like NES, I do not have the means to make a rightful copy of my cartridges, so I get a byte for byte backup which is indistinguishable from the downloaded ROM. If I bought a tool to extract the rom from a cartridge Nintendo would not see any money from it, it would actually increase the business of those devices that Nintendo hates so much.

QUOTE said:
Game copiers that are used to copy video game software without authorization onto any type of memory device or the hard drive of a personal computer are illegal.

But they just said I could make a backup copy if it was an authentic game that I owned.

QUOTEThe introduction of emulators created to play illegally copied Nintendo software represents the greatest threat to date to the intellectual property rights of video game developers...Such emulators have the potential to significantly damage a worldwide entertainment software industry which generates over $7 billion annually, and tens of thousands of jobs.

If we are talking Wii/Gamecube there isn't a emulator for either which is worth using, some may argue but it's not 100%. So people aren't going to use it. If we are talking NES up to N64, what money is being lost from Nintendo? It's not like you can buy these games or that they make them any more. I realize they lose IP but their argument about $7 billion annually is a bunch of bull.

Nintendo emulators and/or illegal copying devices can be held liable for copyright and trademark violations, regardless of whether the illegal software and/or devices are on their site or whether they are linking to the sites where the illegal items are found.

Then go after Google the largest rom site on the internet, because they are linking to sites where illegal items are found.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Wanted to LOL at Nintendo here.

QUOTE said:
Haven't the Copyrights for Old Games Expired?

US copyright laws state that copyrights owned by corporations are valid for 75 years from the date of first publication. Because video games have been around for less than three decades, the copyrights of all video games will not expire for many decades to come.
Well, once a game reaches 75 its not illegal anymore
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
# Carefully consider whether to purchase from Asian websites offering large quantities of Nintendo products at low prices.
Nintendo need to think carefully about what they put. It's not just Asian websites, it can be English Etc.

Warez groups operate much like an organized business. Each team member has one or more functions and is highly skilled at protecting their data and identity. Hackers, crackers or rippers within the groups are usually programmers. Their role is to design hardware and/or coding software that hacks to extract/rip the game data.

To date, the Internet Relay Chat (IRC) networks appear to be the environment of choice to organize these illegal activities.
Lolz, i didn't know IRC are used to 'organize' an illegal activity. Nintendo are giving away tips on there own website. What if a person wanted to stop hacking, but read all this and went STFU NINTENDO and started downloading 'Warez' It would be Nintendo's own fault (:

http://ap.nintendo.com/index.jsp - FAIL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment