1. Script

OP Script Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    WARNING: DOING THIS YOU CANNOT ACCESS RIIVOLOUTION FROM THE HOME SCREEN ANYMORE, IT WILL BE STUCK ON THE SD CARD UNABLE TO MOVE, BUT YOU CAN STILL ACCESS IT ON HOMEBREW CHANNEL. ok, sorry about the title, i got too excited. so i'm just a 10 year old trying to get newer because i dont have smash brawl on my wii u. but i found a way to do it without smash brawl! it's very easy. okay, i'm not entirely sure how i did this so some of these steps may be worthless. i'm assuming you've already homebrewed your vWii so you want to get to the homebrew browser, get the riivoloution patch. now use it to install the channel. and put the channel on your sd card. take the sd card onto your computer. now download newer super mario bros wii on the newer team page. the zip file should have a riivoloution folder and a newersmbw folder. now since you have a riivoloution folder on your sd card already, replace it with the riivoloution folder from the zip file. now put newersmbw folder inside the new riivoloution file. pop out the sd card, put it in your wii u. go to homebrew launcher. run the riivoloution app (you cant use the channel anymore now sadly) and make sure you have nsmbw inside. and now launch the game. bam you have newer. i assume this should work with other rom hacks but it might only work with newer

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Persona Secretiva Felineus

Canada
    I don't see how any of this is a discovery, what you just described is basically how to run Riivolution as it is intended.

The Smash Stack exploit is only required once, and as soon as the Homebrew Channel is installed it is no longer needed anyway.

AmandaRose likes this.
  3. Script

OP Script Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Wait then why does every single youtuber that does a wii u newer tutorial have to do that? Is it for ad revenue or something

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - newersmbw, without, found