Hacking i formatted my micro sd card because it was corrupted!

lionati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
i formatted my micro sd card because it was corrupted! unfortunately, all nds rom and sav files are deleted! is there any way i can recover my sav files?(i have the roms but i need the sav files otherwise i must start all the games from the begining!!!)thanks in advance!

lionati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
i only found some wav files ,not sav files!
as far as nekokun, the card recovery program is for cameras and only for images/videos!!! thanks though!
"a gay little cat":are u sure u got ur files back with this program?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're meant to use the recovery programs after corruption, before formatting. You apparently didn't back up your files before you formatted, so you're screwed.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashbro said:
question is why didn't you take them out if you were formatting >.>. NOt trying to be rude or anything

If the card was corrupt, then there's a good chance that the files were corrupt as well.

Tip for OP and anyone: Regularly backup your save files onto a computer... Better to lose some progress, rather then all...

lionati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
i wasnt planning on formatting.the micro sd suddenly (as i was putting the new m3i 4.7g system in sd card) got corrupted .then windows couldnt open any file in my sd card. it said that they were corrupted or destroyed,so i decided to format the card.
ps:i neither could copy nor delete any file after my sd card got corrupted! im so sad i lost all my files,games,videos...

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lionati said:
i wasnt planning on formatting.the micro sd suddenly (as i was putting the new m3i 4.7g system in sd card) got corrupted .then windows couldnt open any file in my sd card. it said that they were corrupted or destroyed,so i decided to format the card.
ps:i neither could copy nor delete any file after my sd card got corrupted! im so sad i lost all my files,games,videos...
Did you properly "eject" the microSD, or did you just yank it out of your comp like 90% of the people that open corruption threads here?

smashbro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sometimes that happens even if its not true. I have had that happen to me. I put my microsd in and it said corrupt pulled it back out and pushed back in and it worked fine.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
lionati said:
Did you properly "eject" the microSD, or did you just yank it out of your comp like 90% of the people that open corruption threads here?

I do this! XD Haven't gotten a corruption yet, though I do keep sav file backups.

lionati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
no i didnt do that "injected",although i had done it one time before but not this time.it happened suddenly.so the question remainS:IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lionati said:
i only found some wav files ,not sav files!
as far as nekokun, the card recovery program is for cameras and only for images/videos!!! thanks though!
"a gay little cat boy":are u sure u got ur files back with this program?
EDIT: Corrected by me for an obviously dumb comment

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The M3 puts it saves in the root of the SD card so I dont think that you'll be able to recover them, I found in the past that all file recovery programs that i've tried will only recover files that where in directories and not the root.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lionati said:
no i didnt do that "injected",although i had done it one time before but not this time.it happened suddenly.so the question remainS:IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?
1) Start your save files over. They are unrecoverable now due to you formatting it.

2) Start making back-up copies of save files by copying them to a comp every week, month, whatever.

3) Right click -> Eject, then wait for it to stop blinking EVERY time you remove the microSD from your comp.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are msd card recovery programs that DO work, even after formatting....but, like a previous poster said, they only seem to be any good at recovering most of the lost image files - unlikely they would recover .nds / .sav files, as the infamous GLCB claims to have achieved.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dark^'^Knight said:
There are msd card recovery programs that DO work, even after formatting....but, like a previous poster said, they only seem to be any good at recovering most of the lost image files - unlikely they would recover .nds / .sav files, as the infamous GLCB claims to have achieved.
I only got some of the files to be correct. (I said most before, I know. So I corrected myself, happy?) Still nothings ever perfect and that was only once.
It was only a suggestion since i had some luck when I used it, it's not like I am doing anything different from the other people suggesting programs on this thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.