Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Soma Bringer definitely sounds in the ballpark of what you're looking for. There's the cell shaded graphics that I would say resemble ToS style, the early levels feature a lot of wolves, the most likely screen shots you saw would have had wolves then and there's a beast race with members that look anywhere from vaguely cat like to vaguely dog/wolf like. All the early videos and screen shots in the previews featured wolves I guess because they're all over the first levels.

Edit: Found a decent quality video off youtube so you can get a good look at it:

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think about it, the main playable character may have been a Wolf or a Ninja, but it's more likely the story was 100% centered around wolves or ninjas..........

Basically, Here's the info in a bit more detail:
-Someone sent me an email with a scan of a Japanese gaming magazine, with a few descriptions about what I was being sent. I have since abandoned that email address, and cannot remember the password to see if the email is still there.... If I could, this topic wouldn't exist. XD
-These were early screenshots in the scan, mind you, but... All the screens were cutscene screens. They had the little text boxes and everything. There were a few screenshots of wolves talking (I assume they were talking. Don't know Japanese), and then a few about ninjas talking (I assume they were talking. Don't know Japanese). I'm assuming that either it's 100% about the wolves or 100% about the ninjas. Or maybe it can flip flop. I can't remember. The graphics were scaled down Tales of Symphonia graphics. You might have been able to play a wolf or a ninja, but I don't remember hearing if that part was ever explained. All the screenshots on that scan...... I believe they may have had the setting as some rural place. Maybe like the Feudal Japan of InuYasha or something, except not so copyrighted. LOL
-I got the email a few years ago. This means it's not exactly a recent game. It might not even be in the US. But it was probably obscure, if it's this hard to find it.

....I dunno.... Maybe I should be looking for games that feature wolves prominently (as in, either as half/all of the plot or as the main character) or ninjas prominently (as in, either as half/all of the plot or as the main character).... While fitting the requirements of full 3D ToS graphics.

.........I get the feeling I'm thinking of another game system entirely.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
You could try password recovery for the abandoned e-mail account.
I could..... But my password recovery questions and answers never have anything to do with my password.

Like, say the password was feet.

I'd pick "What was your mother's maiden name" and have the answer to that be "Leprechaun Taint".

(NOTE: I have never used the password feet for anything. That would be fricken retarded)

Plus, I can't get a password reset email because I didn't designate an alternate email.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Bently said:
Hmm, by any chance is the game your talking about Okamiden?
Heres a screen

okamiden-footage-2-300x300.jpg

okamiden_trailer.jpg
I've already established that it's not Okamiden, on the grounds that the graphics aren't like Tales of Symphonia's. And because it didn't exist a few years ago with screenshots.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
I've already established that it's not Okamiden, on the grounds that the graphics aren't like Tales of Symphonia's.

I understand it not fitting the timeline, but it does have a very similar graphical style in a technical sense.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inunah said:
Bently said:
I've already established that it's not Okamiden, on the grounds that the graphics aren't like Tales of Symphonia's. And because it didn't exist a few years ago with screenshots.

I already edited my post before you posted this xD, anyways thats my bad. I didn't read the list on the first post.
Man is this hard :/, so you don't have any sort of Screenshot of the game?

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Inunah said:
I've already established that it's not Okamiden, on the grounds that the graphics aren't like Tales of Symphonia's.

I understand it not fitting the timeline, but it does have a very similar graphical style in a technical sense.
Okamiden has a Sumi-e look to its graphics, like it made to look like an old oriental painting.

I understand how the graphics are similar in a technical sense..... But Okamiden is going more towards the real-life painting look, when ToS has a sort of blown up anime look......

....Yes, I'm very particular about my graphics.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't even make a single guess. And I've seen screenshot for every DS rom to date.
I can only guess maybe it is undumped, or was canceled. Try goggling the games in GBA's undumped list?

There was a game at TGS in 2008.
I remember 4 particular RPG's with wifi. Echoes of Time, Phantasy Star 0, and Ragnarok DS. Unfortunately I can't remember that 4th title. It was apparently also 3D, and had only but a few articles.
I've not heard about it since then.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh* I give up.

Instead, does anyone know of a game where you directly control a wolf, is in full 3D, and the wolf talks but isn't like humanoid or any of that jazz? I mean other than Okamiden.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Dammit >_>

I know that Blood of Bahamut is 2D on 3D.
Sigma Harmonics is 3D on 2D.
7th Dragon was 2D on 3D

But you keep reminding more-and-more about that nameless game from 2008

Drigz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Megaman zerker x ninja < lol just joking

srsly, I bet it's one of those jap games that were not translated.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
Dammit >_>

7th Dragon was 2D on 3D

HURRY! WE MUST FIND THIS UNNAMED GAME!

I believe that could be it.

Drigz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Inunah said:
Njrg said:
Dammit >_>

7th Dragon was 2D on 3D

HURRY! WE MUST FIND THIS UNNAMED GAME!

I believe that could be it.

The game you're looking for is in full 3D right?

7th dragon - i think not
sigma - case solving
blood of bahamut - ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY