I feel like I just won the lottery...

Kashalots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good for you, at least you get about 40% more battery life than similary speced windows machine. Yeah I like mac laptops just because they get much better battery life for daily usage.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good job you only overpaid slightly less than you should have! j/k good win, i once bought a 1tb hdd opened it up and was 1.5tb SCORE!

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, something similar happened to me. I bought a Saab 9-5 Sedan for $40,000, but when I went to pick it up, the dealer said that their supplier had screwed up and shipped a Porche 911 instead, so I could have it for the same price. . .

. . . in my dreams. It is always nice to have a company screw up in your favor.

Hedgehogofchaos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is actually quite common (in my experience) on the refurbished store. 3/5 products I have purchased there have had some form of an upgrade. My "refurbished" Macbook Pro came in retail packaging (was brand new) and had the top end CPU and GPU available; although I only purchased the base model.

Deleted member 329676

All sweet & honeycomb
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually quite common (in my experience) on the refurbished store. 3/5 products I have purchased there have had some form of an upgrade. My "refurbished" Macbook Pro came in retail packaging (was brand new) and had the top end CPU and GPU available; although I only purchased the base model.

That's pretty awesome. Yeah, I've been looking more into it, and like you said, it does seem to be a pretty common thing. Either way, Apple refurb is a great deal in my opinion, if you're like me and happen to like Apple products (I know there are many who don't, to each their own).

Reactions: Sicklyboy

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Congrats, quite the bargain, indeed. :) I just bought the same specced 13.3" Retina Macbook Pro with the 256 GB SSD three weeks ago for retail price and I couldn't be happier. Definitely a nice little machine and so much smaller than the 2009 MacBook Pro I used previously.

Deleted member 329676

All sweet & honeycomb
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the same specced 13.3" Retina Macbook Pro with the 256 GB SSD three weeks ago for retail price and I couldn't be happier. Definitely a nice little machine and so much smaller than the 2009 MacBook Pro I used previously.

I'm kind of wishing I'd gone for the bigger internal SSD (I only have a 128GB), but I have plenty of externals so it's not a huge deal. I love how small these new MacBook Pros are too! Comparing it to my parents' Macbook Airs, its really not that much bigger, even smaller by some dimensions.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm kind of wishing I'd gone for the bigger internal SSD (I only have a 128GB), but I have plenty of externals so it's not a huge deal. I love how small these new MacBook Pros are too! Comparing it to my parents' Macbook Airs, its really not that much bigger, even smaller by some dimensions.

Aren't those MBPs a proprietary, non-upgradeable SSD, too?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, everything in the new Macs (besides the Mac Pro) are pretty much non-upgradeable. The SSD and ram are both soldered right onto the motherboard.

That... sucks :P. At least you have plenty of external space. If it were me, I'd put everything of low importance on my NAS so that I can access it from anywhere if I end up needing it. Although, upgrades aren't as important as they used to be. With 16 GB of RAM, it may as well be soldered because you won't ever need more during the life of your MacBook Pro. If the SSD was double that size, that would probably be enough for moderate use, too.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, grats to you for scamming (but not) Apple. (It's not like they're losing anything - their products are overpriced IMO, and they make enough money on one sale.) I'd be happy in the same situation myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@