I emailed Gateway...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
And you know why that might be a problem? With their FPGA upgrades etc. they should be able to keep the GW card alive during such a reboot and just keep executing the selected game .... or is this too simple minded?
no, the problem is that the console ditches the current FW and load up an alternate one for specifically playing DS games, they would need to modify both FW's in order for them to correctly go between each other, or botch it and just reset back to sysnand after playing any NDS games, its not to do with the cart staying alive, but more to do with keeping their hacks loaded even during a FW switch.....possible, but more work for them with relatively little gain as people can just play NDS games in sysnand if they really want to, for them their time is probably better spent trying to figure out more important stuff like new exploits or the n3ds encryption

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought you guys would want to know what GW team said to me about a few things. Had no idea this would lead to a 3 page post :P

At least they are not saying "Please understand" like when people asked Nintendo about the PokeBank release... :P

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it would certainly be a feature any other 3DS flashcard is missing. Afaik there is none that has both functions combined in one card. And booting the NDS games like that should give you 100% ROM compatability, something that even NDS flashcards don't manage to do (even tho it's close)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination