I dont get it?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Boy12, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    I just got my new pc, and via the Windows performance program i scored a 6,9.
    Now, i updated my drivers and it has gone lower to a 6.8 (it also said that new hardware was found).
    Does the score make sense at all, or is did i actually downgrade the performance by updating my drivers?

2. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    The score is broken down into multiple categories, what went down?

It's possible that there is slight deviations when performing the benchmarking used for scoring, it may have just happened after updating drivers with no relations

3. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Desktop aero performance.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    For the record windows performance score is as much a work of fiction as most suggested hardware for games.

Similarly consumer drivers are more built for shininess rather than reliability. Sometimes driver makers overreach and have to scale back later so updates can reduce performance to gain the ability to not crash and instead actually work.

Boy12 likes this.
  5. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Allright, thanks!
    I almost though something was wrong with my new rig, but luckily, games play just fine, so i didn't notice a difference in performance.

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Yeeeah don't go by the Windows performance thing. It's pretty useless really, since it's determined by the lowest score rather than the average of the scores or something. For example, my gaming desktop has everything over 7.5, but my primary HDD brought the score down to 6.9.