Hacking I cracked my switch in 2019, should I restore NAND and re-crack it to get sysnand and emunand?

masdler1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Back in 2019 when I cracked my switch emunand didnt really exist it was only on SX OS and I was using reinx and atmosphere. If I want to go online with the games I already own and keep the other stuff on emunand, should I restore my NAND from 2019 and crack this again to get a cleaner sysnad and separate emunand? Im pretty sure I havent burnt any fuses because I have had autoRCM on when updating with choudujoir.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in 2019 when I cracked my switch emunand didnt really exist it was only on SX OS and I was using reinx and atmosphere. If I want to go online with the games I already own and keep the other stuff on emunand, should I restore my NAND from 2019 and crack this again to get a cleaner sysnad and separate emunand? Im pretty sure I havent burnt any fuses because I have had autoRCM on when updating with choudujoir.
Create your emunand now, before you restore your nand backup. That way, you'll have your games and saves already. Then restore your backup on sysnand. And this is supposing that you haven't gone online since your backup was created.

I did this after emunand became a thing and I was fine. Still not banned.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you're allready banned then it doesn't matter.if you're not banned yet do what @CanIHazWarez said and you should be just fine

make sure to use 90dns on the emummc

Last edited by pinbi7,
Reactions: CanIHazWarez

masdler1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Create your emunand now, before you restore your nand backup. That way, you'll have your games and saves already. Then restore your backup on sysnand. And this is supposing that you haven't gone online since your backup was created.

I did this after emunand became a thing and I was fine. Still not banned.

I see, thank you. I checked my fuse count and it's still 6 (I did my nand backup on 5.1.0 and im currently on the newest fw so I havent burnt fuses), should I keep my RCM enabled or disable it before restoring my NAND on sysNAND?

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thank you. I checked my fuse count and it's still 6 (I did my nand backup on 5.1.0 and im currently on the newest fw so I havent burnt fuses), should I keep my RCM enabled or disable it before restoring my NAND on sysNAND?
If you're referring to autoRCM, there is no reason to disable it. It's the reason you haven't burned any fuses, and poses no risk to being banned.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Furthermore, if you didn't make a backup of BOOT0 (which is where AutoRCM is installed) before enabling AutoRCM, it will technically be disabled when you restore BOOT0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...