Gaming I can't read blank dvds!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_head said:
k my friend's gonna give me a dvd in a few days. i'll let u guys know if it works. btw, i really appreciate all the help you guys been giving me. especially kobykaan.
it's people like you who make gbatemp awesome
smile.gif

no worries ... that's what we are here for
smile.gif

no doubt you will get sorted ... BTW did you check which version of Nero your using ??

I know an OLDER OEM version of Nero I got with an older burner wouldn't see my PIONEER 115D burner at all so had to install the latest version to get it to work correctly

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
If it worked at one point, then a new driver or a piece of software (such as Nero) is conflicting with the windows (poor) burning software. Simply burn you disc with another application, and I'm positive will work fine.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
If it worked at one point, then a new driver or a piece of software (such as Nero) is conflicting with the windows (poor) burning software. Simply burn you disc with another application, and I'm positive will work fine.

I addressed the poor windows burning software situation by suggesting disabling the IMAPI service ....

(this is windows inbuilt burning software)
smile.gif

other software has also been tried too afaik .... my theory yet to be tested or posted back on is alternative media and or different burn speeds
smile.gif

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
da_head said:
sirdashadow said:
one of two things are happening 1) your DVD burner is dying. How many discs have you burned? 2) you have a driver conflict. See if you can reinstall the drivers for it...

i barely used my dvd burner. umm perhaps it is a driver conflict, but i don't know where to get the drivers...

Type sfc /scannow in the RUN box on the Start menu if you use Windows and insert your install CD/DVD when asked. This will re install any System files that have been corrupt or deleted that windows needs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM