Hacking I can't leave PS3 update screen! Help!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,389
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
I have a REBUG PS3, and accedentally hit the "Update" button when it popped up. Sony banned me, which I thought would then get rid of the screen, but I'm still locked on it! I've tried booting into Recovery Mode and turning off my Wifi, but it always automatically boots to the Update Screen! Help!

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are not doomed. The PS3 is unlocked we will always have the keys.That being said if you did update you have to wait for a new exploit.
If you did not update it will probably let you update 4.87 HFW by Joonie.
Be patient this forum is half dead. but it<s still the best PS3 out there as the others ones are more dead

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

OP
You are not doomed. The PS3 is unlocked we will always have the keys.That being said if you did update you have to wait for a new exploit.
If you did not update it will probably let you update 4.87 HFW by Joonie.
Be patient this forum is half dead. but it<s still the best PS3 out there as the others ones are more dead
I don't think I can update it. Will it auto-update or something during the update screen?

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I CAN'T USE RECOVERY MODE, THAT'S WHY I'M ASKING FOR ANOTHER SOLUTION! I am stuck on the Update screen, I am NOT trying to update!

Take your hard drive out. Put in a spare and go to recovery. If it asks for 4.87 then install 4.87 OFW. If it asks for a lower FW then good isntall 4.86 as rebug works on that. Put your old drive back in and you can install 4.87/4.86 ofw again (Depending on wha tyou updated to) to get back in or install 4.87 CFW that came out today. Personally I would 4.87 HFW and use hen until rebug 4.87x

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

OP
Take your hard drive out. Put in a spare and go to recovery. If it asks for 4.87 then install 4.87 OFW. If it asks for a lower FW then good isntall 4.86 as rebug works on that. Put your old drive back in and you can install 4.87/4.86 ofw again (Depending on wha tyou updated to) to get back in or install 4.87 CFW that came out today. Personally I would 4.87 HFW and use hen until rebug 4.87x
I don't have a spare. All I'm trying to do is leave the Update screen, not actually update the system. I just wanna use the fucking console again.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a spare. All I'm trying to do is leave the Update screen, not actually update the system. I just wanna use the fucking console again.

Get a spare hdd can be small and will get you out that loop. Just did this fix on a few ps3s recently. Had a ps3 that nothing worked so I had to downgrade with progskeet then fixed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...