Gaming i can't believe i just did it...........

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i just broke the screen on my beloved psp 2000 and i feel sick
cry.gif

i need to get a new one but i'm not sure which one to get so i need some advice please

thanks in advance

edit: i meant that i needed a new screen, i'm still traumatized

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what he's asking i think...where to go or which screen replacement to buy.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need something like this. You absolutely have to, must, must, must get a -2000 series screen as a replacement. -1000 and and -3000 screens are not compatible with the -2000, so make sure you are getting the correct screen!

It's not a cheap part, because Sony doesn't sell replacement parts -- most part sites get theirs by dismantling new units. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get a proper -2000 screen.

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Dealextreme.com sells replacement screens quite cheap.

Ordered a Sharp one for my old PSP1000, just wanted to check if it was brighter / suffered less from ghosting than the original screen. And actually it did. The only downside is that you get no dead pixel warranty, but I guess you can live with a few dead pixels if it means you can use your PSP again.

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
awwwwwwwww xist it's she lol

i'll get a dealextreme version lilsypha and i know not to get the 1000 or the 3000 version (but thanks for the heads up) i just needed to know about the backlight

well it could have been far worse i suppose.......................
unsure.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
There are girls on the internet!
ohmy.gif

Sorry Shelleson, and also don't discount UK shops...looks like you could get a PSP 2000 LCD from Amazon for a similar price to DX.

Good Luck!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
How'd it break? You didn't do what I did to my old GBA, did you? Get pissed off with a game that was cheating like a bitch, lose temper and put knee through console at high speed?

Yeah, that was stupid. I spent 4 months playing Gameboy Colour because of that.
frown.gif

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
There are girls on the internet! :=

Sorry Shelleson, and also don't discount UK shops...looks like you could get a PSP 2000 LCD from Amazon for a similar price to DX.

Good Luck!
the intrewebs is full of wimens hun
rofl2.gif

ooooooo never thought of amazon i'll have a look

no blaze i decided there wasn't enough seats in the house and thought i'd try the psp for size :rofl:and i've already taken the memory card out of my other halfs psp and put mine in until i've fixed screen
wink.gif

he won't miss it he just got red dead LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...