I can't activate the cheats for Configurable USB Loader!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by chanbog, Dec 28, 2011.

1. chanbog
    OP

chanbog Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    I just wanted to activate some cheats with the cfg-loader but can't get it to work.
    What I did is this:

1.) In the options of the game I make sure "Ocarina cheats" is set to ON
    2.) I saved the options
    3.) I chose to manage cheats
    4.) I downloaded the .txt and got a list of all available cheats
    5.) I checked the cheats i wanted (and saved the .gct)
    6.) I exited the menu and started the game (hook type doesn't change anything)

No if I exit the cheat menu with B or Z or whatever and re-enter it the cheats are not checked anymore. Also they don't work when I play the game.
    How do I activate them? Why doesn't it save the cheats I select?

2. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2006
    Canada
    Are you sure the cheat codes you have selected actually work as advertised? To eliminate the possibility of a bad cheat code, I suggest trying a .gct file with only one code that's been confirmed to work. If you save the .gct, and have "Ocarina cheats" set to "ON", then the code will be activated; you just don't see that in the loader itself.

3. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    First, I think there is a special button to press like "Save GCT" so that the cheats WILL be selected. I use 100% codes all the time at tournaments on other Wiis.

Second, some cheat codes just don't work. It's not CFG's fault; they will not work in Ocarina or Gecko OS either.

That, or you are using it wrong, i.e. you need to put an activator on.

As a last resort, you could go to GeckoCodes.com and use the GCT maker there. It goes somewhere like X:\usb-loader\codes\.
    I have my installation set up to use USB, but most people run theirs from SD.

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    some cheats require different hook-types, so u can try fiddling with that

also, u can check out accio hacks to build your gct file. You can use modmii to download it as well as txt cheat codes if u like.