I can't activate the cheats for Configurable USB Loader!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by chanbog, Dec 28, 2011.

1. chanbog
    OP

Newcomer chanbog Member

Canada
    I just wanted to activate some cheats with the cfg-loader but can't get it to work.
    What I did is this:

1.) In the options of the game I make sure "Ocarina cheats" is set to ON
    2.) I saved the options
    3.) I chose to manage cheats
    4.) I downloaded the .txt and got a list of all available cheats
    5.) I checked the cheats i wanted (and saved the .gct)
    6.) I exited the menu and started the game (hook type doesn't change anything)

No if I exit the cheat menu with B or Z or whatever and re-enter it the cheats are not checked anymore. Also they don't work when I play the game.
    How do I activate them? Why doesn't it save the cheats I select?

2. leic7

Member leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Are you sure the cheat codes you have selected actually work as advertised? To eliminate the possibility of a bad cheat code, I suggest trying a .gct file with only one code that's been confirmed to work. If you save the .gct, and have "Ocarina cheats" set to "ON", then the code will be activated; you just don't see that in the loader itself.

3. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    First, I think there is a special button to press like "Save GCT" so that the cheats WILL be selected. I use 100% codes all the time at tournaments on other Wiis.

Second, some cheat codes just don't work. It's not CFG's fault; they will not work in Ocarina or Gecko OS either.

That, or you are using it wrong, i.e. you need to put an activator on.

As a last resort, you could go to GeckoCodes.com and use the GCT maker there. It goes somewhere like X:\usb-loader\codes\.
    I have my installation set up to use USB, but most people run theirs from SD.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    some cheats require different hook-types, so u can try fiddling with that

also, u can check out accio hacks to build your gct file. You can use modmii to download it as well as txt cheat codes if u like.