I broke Retroarch?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Quantumcat, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Quantumcat
    OP

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I was trying to set up controls, and something I set made it freeze (? frames were still ticking over on bottom screen but top screen was frozen). I shutdown my 3DS and started it up again, and went back into Retroarch and it was still frozen (actually did this several times). I deleted the Retroarch CIA, and installed it again, and it was still frozen :-(

Have I broken it completely? Can I fix it?

And if I get it fixed can someone tell me how I can set up controls for a game, and also get it to run (Jill of the Jungle with DOS)? I opened the game and there was a message saying a list of things that were disabled, and press Enter to continue and 'C' to configure. I obviously can't press C, and start was Enter - then there was a blinking cursor and nothing happened for a few minutes (that's when I thought I should set up controls before starting the game, and got into trouble).

2. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Delete config files of sd in the retroarch folder and restart retroarch.

3. Quantumcat
    OP

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Thanks, that fixed it! Can anyone give me any clues about setting up the controls?

4. Buttsnake

Buttsnake "Mods please close this thread"

Aug 23, 2015
    United States
    Inside your SD card
    Check the thrad and the wiki bro. Id send a link, but I'm on mobile and I don't feel like doing that junk

5. Quantumcat
    OP

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I did check the Wiki (http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=DOSBox) but I don't understand most of it. I can't find any simple tutorials anywhere.
    The wiki says it supports 4 button joysticks and things but I don't know where these options are. Also I've done something and the Start button no longer functions as Enter :-/

6. Quantumcat
    OP

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    <deleted-triple post>

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jan 30, 2016
  7. Quantumcat
    OP

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    <deleted-triple post>

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jan 30, 2016
  8. Quantumcat
    OP

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If someone can send me files for retroarch and/or instructions that will make Jill of the Jungle work (with a 3ds button for each control) I will send them $15AUD by F&F on PayPal, and $30 if Skunny 1 and Skunny 2 can be made to work as well. I am completely frustrated trying to make it work (have been at it on and off all day) and I am now giving up.