I broke my M3 Lite Pro!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by l0c4lh0st, Sep 13, 2008.

Sep 13, 2008

I broke my M3 Lite Pro! by l0c4lh0st at 8:43 AM (1,146 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. l0c4lh0st
    OP

Newcomer l0c4lh0st Member

United States
    So.. Is there any way to fix it, really? [​IMG]

I put some ROMs on the microSD (with their tool) and I also put a firmware update on the microSD.
    Then I put the microSD in the M3 and the M3 in the DS. Passcard in the NDS-slot and booted up.

It asked if I wanted to update. I pressed A so it started. "Updating..." appeared. Then after a while I noticed the DS was almost out of battery... While searching for my adapter, it turned off.

Then after charging my DS, I could not boot up the M3 Lite Pro anymore. The Passcard loads, the Passcard screen disappears. Well, that's it. 2 black screens after that.

I think the firmware is not fully flashed or corrupted or whatever. Any idea on what to do to get it working again?

2. enarky

Member enarky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Does it boot to GBA mode without Passcard from the original DS Firmware? Maybe you could load the update from there? AFAIK the "Pro" modell only has 32 MBit RAM, but GBA mode still should be there...

You have a second flash card? If you do try to load the update there and exchange cards afterwards... well, that'd be something I'd try. [​IMG]

No idea if you know about the M3 Wiki already, but if you don't having a look can't hurt, maybe they have a solution to your problem.

3. l0c4lh0st
    OP

Newcomer l0c4lh0st Member

United States
    I looked there, it's a really nice idea of the M3 team.
    However, I can't find any information about broken (or actually "broken") M3s. Maybe you can point me to a page in their wiki that tells some more about it? Would be very much appreciated. [​IMG]

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I guess your screwed [​IMG] The only way to recover is probably to use an external program to flash the firmware, which you could load from a Slot-1 card, through DS Download Play (using WiFiMe) or using your SuperCard to load such an application in your DS RAM.

I hope such a program exists... The thought of bricking my M3 has always scared me.

5. enarky

Member enarky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sorry, no idea, I'm just stabbing in the dark myself. Just thought that if somewhere was any information on broken M3s, that would be the place to be.

This is really rather vague, but have you tried booting from GBA mode already? Maybe that part of the firmware hasn't been overwritten by the failed update yet.