Hacking I bricked my vwii. Any possible solution?

BASAR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.
I installed some system wads today and my vwii is gone. Totally black screen eveytime I click WII mode from wii-u screen. When I purchased the Wii-u I made a backup nand of vwii. Is there any way to restore this nand?

By the way. Haxchi is installed on my wii-u. And when I start a wii compatible game from wii-u menu after iosuhax, wii-u goes into wii mode and the game starts. Isn't it weird?

Thanks for any help or comment...

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
When I start a wii compatible game from wii-u menu after iosuhax, wii-u goes into wii mode and the game starts. Isn't it weird?
No, that´s normal

when you brick you can´t access the wii home menu but there´s no need to go throught the wii menu when you launch a wii game from the wii u menu

also this may help: https://wiiu.guide/vwii-modding (or not)

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello.
I installed some system wads today and my vwii is gone. Totally black screen eveytime I click WII mode from wii-u screen. When I purchased the Wii-u I made a backup nand of vwii. Is there any way to restore this nand?

By the way. Haxchi is installed on my wii-u. And when I start a wii compatible game from wii-u menu after iosuhax, wii-u goes into wii mode and the game starts. Isn't it weird?

Thanks for any help or comment...
What exactly did you install?
It may be fixable with wupserver/ftpiiu everywhere.

BASAR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly did you install?
It may be fixable with wupserver/ftpiiu everywhere.

2aCYo3.jpg

This is the list of wads

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
2aCYo3.jpg

This is the list of wads
You installed a whole lot of Wii IOS to vWii, that's why you bricked. Wii and vWii IOS are incompatible.
There's still a good chance it's fixable. It looks like IOS58 is untouched, so you may be able to simply boot into HBC using hbl2hbc, boot up a WAD manager and reinstall the vWii versions of those IOS. That would be the easiest way.
Alternatively, you might be able to overwrite the IOS files with the clean ones from your NAND backup using wupserver/ftpiiu everywhere, but you would need to dump the encryption keys from vWii (if you haven't already) if your NAND backup is encrypted, so that you can extract the needed files from it. Either way you would need to be able to boot into HBC.

BASAR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried hbl2hbc but it did not work. It goes into black screen and stucks there. Is there still any other option? I have keys.bin and nand.bin files but i don't know how to work with those files...

V0idst4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download ShowMiiWads here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/showmiiwads/files/ShowMiiWads 1.4.rar/download

Move "nand.bin" and "keys.bin" to a folder on your desktop

Open ShowMiiWads and go to "Tools -> Extract BootMii Dump", select the "nand.bin" in the folder on your desktop. Wait for it to finish extracting. When it's complete you'll see a folder called "nand-extracteda" where the bin is.

Download ftpiiu-everywhere and start it from the homebrew launcher

On your computer connect to ftpiiu-everywhere and navigate to "slccmpt01"

Delete everything in "slccmpt01" and replace it with what's in "nand-extracteda" Note: this may brick vWii beyond repair if done incorrectly and will take a very long to complete

Last edited by V0idst4r,
D

Deleted User

Download ShowMiiWads here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/showmiiwads/files/ShowMiiWads 1.4.rar/download

Move "nand.bin" and "keys.bin" to a folder on your desktop

Open ShowMiiWads and go to "Tools -> Extract BootMii Dump", select the "nand.bin" in the folder on your desktop. Wait for it to finish extracting. When it's complete you'll see a folder called "nand-extracteda" where the bin is.

Download ftpiiu-everywhere and start it from the homebrew launcher

On your computer connect to ftpiiu-everywhere and navigate to "slccmpt01"

Delete everything in "slccmpt01" and replace it with what's in "nand-extracteda" Note: this may brick vWii beyond repair if done incorrectly and will take a very long to complete
Side note: Deleting slccmpt01 folder will shit your Wii U so don't do that.
It also might brick both vWii and Wii U.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine is bricked too and i havent nand backup, maybe i can get the file to restore in pm (i saw there is only one file for the system menu)
That file is copywrited nintendo material so it's against site rules to ask for it either by direct link or for it to be pmd to you. It's also against site rules for someone to actually give you a link here in the thread or by pm.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That file is copywrited nintendo material so it's against site rules to ask for it either by direct link or for it to be pmd to you. It's also against site rules for someone to actually give you a link here in the thread or by pm.
But staff have said they can't look at PMs unless someone reports the convo. So just be stealthy :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over