Android I bricked my ASUS Zenfone 2 ZE500CL (Z00D), no bootloader, displays USB logo

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I was trying to install Lineage onto it, but it kept erroring. A friend of mine said he could help, and he tried, but bricked it. He said he followed a guide, but left out steps, because he thought they were not important. Now I don't have a bootloader.

When I power on the device, it displays a USB logo with a white line under it for a split second, then powers off. If I connect a USB cable, it stays on for ~2 minutes before powering off again. No Windows or Linux computer detects it. Can I fix this somehow?

I saw unbrick guides on XDA for similar problems, but they were only for the 550 and 551 models.

Thanks in advance!

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow. He offered to install it and skipped steps because he thought they weren't needed? God. Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why people brick with Plailect's guide. Lulz

Anyway, without a bootloader, I'd say JTAG is your only option.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. He offered to install it and skipped steps because he thought they weren't needed? God. Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why people brick with Plailect's guide. Lulz

Anyway, without a bootloader, I'd say JTAG is your only option.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls
Yep that's why I LOLed

Reactions: retrofan_k

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I had the USB logo with a white line underneat display several times on my original Zenfone 5. I wouldn't consider mine as a brick though as I got out of it easily. Try holding the power and volume up/down button or both of them.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I had the USB logo with a white line underneat display several times on my original Zenfone 5. I wouldn't consider mine as a brick though as I got out of it easily. Try holding the power and volume up/down button or both of them.
same result with Power + Vol.Up, Power + Vol.Down, Power + Vol.Up + Vol.Down... :|

D

Deleted User

Unplug battery, plug it via USB and see if it reports. If not then you would want to install custom-made drivers for it. [It should work, managed to unbrick my hard bricked phone which unmounted SDCard in TWRP Recovery after wiping OS ._.]
You can also force flash with some tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.