dib

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the subject of this thread has changed in light of recent events. So here's a mirrored update on the status of DS-X for all involved, as stated by DSX-Guru:

QUOTE said:
Here is your long awaited Update:

First off, many of you noticed that I was not around, nor most of the other DS-X staff members that do post on the forums. This was not because any of us took a vacation or similar.

I have been in my bed for a week or more with a bad flu, including fever, headaches, sore throat and the whole thing (unable to sleep properly, etc). I could barely sit infront of the PC for longer then 1 hour without getting really dizzy and needing some rest.

What I did during that hour was check the tickets assigned to me at the given time for replies and respond to them accordingly. I did neglect the forums due to time reasons. I chose to help people in my "uptime" rather then discussing things on the Forums. Helping people was my priority here.

So, to cut it short, No, we have not ran off, I was sick and so is Dino.

The Support has been awfully slow as both of our main Support Staffers been sick/ill in their beds. I apologize that we actually did get sick and made you feel left behind.

We are however now looking into adding 1-2 nominee's to the Support Staff to assure a proper flow between customers and the Support Staff. Please have some patience while we are catching up.

Moving on, many people noticed that 2MB Saves do not work with one particular application or two. Now those who stick around since a while should know our motto: "If there is an issue, we will fix it in due time"

This motto has not changed since, we are aware of the issue and have been working on a fix too. Only because we don't make a big announcement for every bug we have found does not mean we are not aware of it nor that we wouldn't care.

Our EEPROM engine is still not 100%, its close, but its not 100% functional. It's something we will attempt to fix in the next firmware revision.

All you need is some patience so we can actually fix it and roll out the Update.

Sorry again that I could not jump in sooner, i just felt really bad.

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
All that was ever needed was a simple statement saying something along the lines of "we are investigating the issue and it will be addressed in the following firmware update, release date pending."Â That was the absolute minimal they could have done.

Guru did do that yesterday. Look : http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread.php?t=4716&page=7

Says why he seemed absent for a week too.

smile.gif

drdeath25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the new sticky Guru just posted:

"If you coded an application trying to use 2MB of the EEPROM space and it fails (which it won't), please PM me with a link to your project's source code and I will look into it and fix it for you - or better yet, make it use DLDI so it works on all flashcards!

However, if I do see one more person posting a thread regarding the "2MB Save Issue" who is NOT developing on such a project / application, I will instantly ban from these boards without further notice.

Sorry, but this has gone far enough. It's okay to ask for a fix, but you guys are snowballing this out of proportion.

If you now want to dodge this by saying "HEY; BACKUPS ARE LEGAL IN MY COUNTRY AND IM TALKING ABOUT ZELDA!!!!" Well, backups/roms are NOT, and i repeat, ABSOLUTELY NOT tolerated on these boards. Yes, even hinting is too much. If you can't cope with that, the door is wide open, i ask you to leave with some hostility.

Oh and by the way, stealing is a crime. Don't do it."

dib

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate it, and I've responded in the thread over there too. So I've gone ahead and cleared out the mirror here of my own post, I'll let it stand at the DS-X forum, if anybody is curious it's at http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread.php?t=4917 Instead I'll use this opportunity to mirror his post so others here can be aware.

I don't agree with some of his post. There is this curious habit of them not doing something for a long time and then having a convenient excuse upon return. Back with the firmware update, they said they were unaware that there was even a widespread problem due to not understanding how to operate the tracker.

I don't entirely disbelieve his story, but from his own admission he understood the state of the forum and how it was deteriorating even despite his illness. I'm empathetic to him helping others, but he could have taken the minute to put a statement on the forum--if he were so inclined--to say that he was sick and everything would be addressed in the near future after he was better.

What I do appreciate is the promise to try to improve. Adding new members to the staff would be a huge step in making amends and preventing similar situations in the future. And all-in-all, this is reasonable enough. If it had only been done two weeks ago this mess would never have occured.

Like I said on the forum there, I'm going to take a break and we'll see what happens. I don't even have anything to play on my DS-X at the moment, I've been too lazy to see about some of those ports like Duke Nukem 3d. But I'll be a lot happier owning one knowing that it's meeting expectations.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really upset with the way the DS-X Staff is treating their own consumers, and posted as such in both forums. They already have our money though, so I guess that is all they care about. I for one am not going to buy anything from them every again. I learned my lesson. The big question for me now is... R4 or Cyclo heh.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
OMG, a flash cart developer who is profiting from allowing people to run illegal backups lecturing people about it!? How stuck up can you get.

Playing something for free, bad as it may be, is one thing...but profiting off other people's work is way worse.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can't speak for those that have illegal crap on their flashcarts, but I can speak about knowing that other card makers are able to solve problems within 48 hours, and it took the DS-X team over a week to even admit the problem, it will be at least 2 more months until users see a fix.

Moreover, I am put out that a company can't even meet the promises during launch, there is no real skinning application to make a skin easily, and there is no cross-platform support whatsoever, both of which were coming "soon" eight months ago.

samsoule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So what card should we choose ?
R4 M3 Simply or Cyclo DS ?

What do you think ?

and for the Ds-X , i gess it will make a good 512 Mbytes aditional flash cart for older roms to me
smile.gif

tanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG, a flash cart developer who is profiting from allowing people to run illegal backups lecturing people about it!? How stuck up can you get.

Playing something for free, bad as it may be, is one thing...but profiting off other people's work is way worse.

Totally agree.

I hope what he said is just a disclaimer and not his real opinion. I mean who buys a flash card without the intension of playing "stolen" roms on it??

If they are not submitting a fix because of this reason (which sounds likely from this post) then I am well and truly over my DS-X.

I cant wait to get to Hong Kong to pick up a cheap R4 and Cyclo!
biggrin.gif

dib

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care what they do where commercial is concerned. The point was that they said the DS-X will duplicate all functionality found on the real first party cards. In order to know what is going on with those, you have to test the rom on the DS-X, and when you find an error with something such as Zelda, Sim City, or Hoshigami, then it needs to be reported. If we just plug our ears and hum, then it goes unfixed and the DS-X lags behind all other products. Just look at that recent survey here, everybody whom even mentions the DS-X all state that it was great when it debuted but quickly slipped and now wouldn't even recommend or use it.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:
Well the subject of this thread has changed in light of recent events. So here's a mirrored update on the status of DS-X for all involved, as stated by DSX-Guru:

QUOTE said:
Here is your long awaited Update:

First off, many of you noticed that I was not around, nor most of the other DS-X staff members that do post on the forums. This was not because any of us took a vacation or similar.

I have been in my bed for a week or more with a bad flu, including fever, headaches, sore throat and the whole thing (unable to sleep properly, etc). I could barely sit infront of the PC for longer then 1 hour without getting really dizzy and needing some rest.

What I did during that hour was check the tickets assigned to me at the given time for replies and respond to them accordingly. I did neglect the forums due to time reasons. I chose to help people in my "uptime" rather then discussing things on the Forums. Helping people was my priority here.

So, to cut it short, No, we have not ran off, I was sick and so is Dino.

The Support has been awfully slow as both of our main Support Staffers been sick/ill in their beds. I apologize that we actually did get sick and made you feel left behind.

We are however now looking into adding 1-2 nominee's to the Support Staff to assure a proper flow between customers and the Support Staff. Please have some patience while we are catching up.

Moving on, many people noticed that 2MB Saves do not work with one particular application or two. Now those who stick around since a while should know our motto: "If there is an issue, we will fix it in due time"

This motto has not changed since, we are aware of the issue and have been working on a fix too. Only because we don't make a big announcement for every bug we have found does not mean we are not aware of it nor that we wouldn't care.

Our EEPROM engine is still not 100%, its close, but its not 100% functional. It's something we will attempt to fix in the next firmware revision.

All you need is some patience so we can actually fix it and roll out the Update.

Sorry again that I could not jump in sooner, i just felt really bad.

So that's what happened to the Ds-x team! You guys all got really sick and died
unsure.gif

God bless your souls! I'm glad you mention you didn't run off, at least you guys died with honor and dignity.
cry.gif

Just having fun...

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Good question, I guess I'm still looking for answers, that and making sure that a certain mod doesn't said things behind my back, like calling my a scumbag or accusing me of things that are not true. I don't think that will happen again, I'll make sure of it.
Forgive and forget? I'll try to forget...

You silly weirdo hypocrite, I'll see you in the testing area
blink.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I dont think many people pay attention to that certain mod, let him say what he likes!

You silly weirdo hypocrite, I'll see you in the testing area

Um thanks?
unsure.gif

yaydsx.png

Skybase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That "certain" rabid mod banned me long ago, permanently. I'd done nothing to truly provoke a banning. I'm sure anyone posting during that time that knew me would agree. I can't even log in to get updates anymore, and since the image verification is broken can't re-register. (I know, no updates/team out there anymore, but would be nice to be able to communicate w/ the rest of the people that have the cart)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up