"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2 hours of movies sux ass
😄
but love multiplayer with bots

movies sux specially video game movies and movie video games and video games based on movies and video games that are in movies too i like to my cod battlefield SF6 with my keyboard no bullshit movie can get between me and me playing games :psp: :toot: :gun: :wub::shit::teach::wtf::shit::whip::p1ng::gun::yay3ds::switch::gba::yayu::yayu::discuss::yayswitch::discuss::yaypsp:

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Way back in the olden days when recordable CDs were still expensive and allowances only stretched so far, and on the other end FMVs and pre-rendered animations were the new hotness and the shiny new data storage thingies meant games could balloon to ridonculous sizes...

Well, back in those days, people who wanted to store the maximum game on the minimum of disk (we are talking about, *ahem* backup copies *ahem* here) would remove video files from games to reduce their size, often times to 10% of the original. So you'd be able to store way more game per game by removing the boring bits people would just skip anyway, and only keeping the shooty bits.

WELL, sometimes, not always, but sometimes, the animations happened to contain some critical info re: the next level, so if you skipped it the level start could catch you with your pants down, literally.

So there was this one game where the mission briefing tells you your squad would be dropped somewhere in the Coprophage sector or whatever, and to destroy a space pirate outpost using squad tactics and what have you, only for the level to start (having skipped the missing animation) in a different part of space, alone, without your gear, in the middle of the enemy's main compound, surrounded by a bunch of rather angry robot dudes meaning to murderate you, and a thought, "well that mission briefing sure glossed over some details, didn't it?".

It's a trip, lemme tell you.

Okay, enough old-fogeying, time for my prune juice and bed.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol