Hacking I accidentally updated my firmware to 11.0.0

Ryudhapraha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Help, I accidentally updated my firmware to 11.0.0. I know there's a pre-release atmosphere cfw right now, but I'm kinda new to this hacking etc. So can you help me step by step on how to fix my switch?

P.s. Mine is already banned, I don't care anymore keeping my switch clean.

P.s.s tried to boot to the latest hekate but it's said "you have non-exfat device but SD card is exfat". So, should I backup all files from my SD card, format to fat32, then copy back my backup? Does that work?

Edit: I can boot to ams now, but unable to play previously installed game. Help!

Last edited by Ryudhapraha,

Ryudhapraha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I would backup your SD card's files, reformat your SD card as FAT32 with 32KB cluster size, and then put your files back on it.
How about how to update? Just copy and paste files from atmosphere.zip and hekate.zip to root right? Is there any extra step required because I updated my firmware ota?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about how to update? Just copy and paste files from atmosphere.zip and hekate.zip to root right? Is there any extra step required because I updated my firmware ota?
Not really, but after formatting, don't move your older atmosphere folder back over. You may have things going in there that don't work with FW 11 like system modules, kips, overlays, themes, etc...

Try the stock stuff first. Then you can add things one at a time so if anything breaks, you know what broke it.

Last edited by urherenow,

Ryudhapraha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Not really, but after formatting, don't move your older atmosphere folder back over. You may have things going in there that don't work with FW 11 like system modules, kips, overlays, themes, etc...

Try the stock stuff first. Then you can add things one at a time so if anything breaks, you know what broke it.
Alright might do just that. Thank you very much!

Ryudhapraha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

I did it, but now I'm unable to play previously installed game :(

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
how exactly did you update your firmware to 11 sir?
im just wondering because im not sure if the firmware update i see on the internet is safe to use.
on this specific site where you can get the firmware have the md5 hash, but the latest firmware 11 doesnt have the md5.

not sure if it safe or not.

Ryudhapraha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
im just wondering because im not sure if the firmware update i see on the internet is safe to use.
on this specific site where you can get the firmware have the md5 hash, but the latest firmware 11 doesnt have the md5.

I think mine was auto-updating since my switch is banned already and I did not use DNS90 or smt. If I had the choice to update or not, I certainly would not have updated it, or atleast not in this kind of way.

Reactions: bbert

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Google a user called "Darth" He got a website with a lot of firmwares. He also post md5 files.

Hint: Darth Switch Firmware

Reactions: bbert and Jayro

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

all homebrew methods of installing firmware verify the files before they let you install them. You have zero to worry about.

Reactions: bbert

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think mine was auto-updating since my switch is banned already and I did not use DNS90 or smt. If I had the choice to update or not, I certainly would not have updated it, or atleast not in this kind of way.
The Switch does not automatically install system updates. It always asks for your permission. You or someone else manually pressed the install button.

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply reformatting my Sd and adding the new atmosphere files instead didnt help me.
I still get the black screen followed by...
Fatal error: [NXBOO] Failed to mount eMMC!
Press POWER to reboot

error message
Everytime I boot atmosphere through hekate.
Is there a way to fix this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply reformatting my Sd and adding the new atmosphere files instead didnt help me.
I still get the black screen followed by...
Fatal error: [NXBOO] Failed to mount eMMC!
Press POWER to reboot

error message
Everytime I boot atmosphere through hekate.
Is there a way to fix this?
Update Atmosphere and Hekate.

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you kidding me? It tells you what the error is. It can't mount the eMMC. Either create one, or edit your ini files so it's not trying to boot one. You say you're banned so an eMMC is useless to you, unless you use SXOS, in which case you'll want to keep an emunand on 11.0.0 for the time being.

That post was made a while ago, I was fully aware it was a EMMC issue some time ago.
Manage restoring the original Switch GPT to my eMMC by using gptrestore. but now...
Im facing the issue of trying to get past the Nintendo logo, no matter what. If it boot on stock or CFW... it can never get past the logo screen.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That post was made a while ago, I was fully aware it was a EMMC issue some time ago.
Manage restoring the original Switch GPT to my eMMC by using gptrestore. but now...
Im facing the issue of trying to get past the Nintendo logo, no matter what. If it boot on stock or CFW... it can never get past the logo screen.
you caught me before I caught myself :P

Anyway, have you injected fusee-primary instead of hekate? If not, try that first. In fact, even if you inject hekate, you can boot fusee-primary from within nyx, and that will be the same thing. We're operating on the assumption that you currently have ONLY what is in the Atmosphere release zip, (and hekate of course), and you put the entire contents on your card (nothing missing like sept).

Last edited by urherenow,

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you caught me before I caught myself :P

Anyway, have you injected fusee-primary instead of hekate? If not, try that first. In fact, even if you inject hekate, you can boot fusee-primary from within nyx, and that will be the same thing.

Yup, tried booting from the fusee-primary payload directly and through hekate. No luck :(
Tbh... I think its an issue with my prodinfo, since I was using HacDiskMount a while ago (see if I could downgrade). Feels like it was tamped with since I can get every key to sync up but the keys located for prodinfo. It never add ups, these were keys generated with hekate.

Only reason that leads me to believe that is because many people that foolishly mess with their prodinfo (by deleting it, in most cases) causes their switch to get at the nintendo logo upon boot. I tired every method to boot it past that and no luck, no matter what.

Even my Device ID and FWver say; KEYSET NEEDED

Last edited by dytri,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm