Homebrew HzMod - old3DS screen streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 246,351
  • Replies 573
  • Likes 102

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

• HzMod

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HzModule

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • HzProc

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • HzDbg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • HzDebug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can choose between one or the other without having to remove either from the SD?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it available on titledb yet? I'll be sure to download from my 3DS it before bed, if so...

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried this yet, but are there options to stream just the top or just the bottom screen? Should drastically improve framerate/quality I'd imagine.

Also, what's with the regular and HIMEM launchers? I get they're related to games like Monster Hunter and Smash Bros, but does that mean streaming will work on an O3DS even in a HIMEM game?

Last edited by Fishaman P,

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haven't tried this yet, but are there options to stream just the top or just the bottom screen? Should drastically improve framerate/quality I'd imagine.

Also, what's with the regular and HIMEM launchers? I get they're related to games like Monster Hunter and Smash Bros, but does that mean streaming will work on an O3DS even in a HIMEM game?
with my OLD 3DS worked just with the top screen

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it available on titledb yet? I'll be sure to download from my 3DS it before bed, if so...

No, and from the way it works (one CIA installed in the background and not the homemeni then two loaders) it probably won't be put on there.

Yes, but right now it only works with mode3/HIMEM homebrew.

Reactions: Fishaman P

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Just tested on the n3ds xl and I got 10-15 fps with some graphical glitches and lag. This still looks very promising (PS. Why the watermark thing?)

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay for the thread finally being posted! Thank you very much for your hard work! I can finally stream gameplay with my o3ds, doesnt matter if it only streams at 1fps but at least it does what ntrdon't :P

Reactions: Victorum and Sono

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

ooooh, ok :P I guess you meant to say this to people who didn't believe that we'll have a (trying-to-be) NTR clone :P

Can NTR and Horizon work on the same sd card? Not at the same time, but can I choose between one of the other, without removing one from the card?

Yes, that's how I recorded the video! NTR and HorizonM are running at the same time :P Yes, the screens *do* desync over time for a bit, in real time.

Yup, I'm just a derp :P Technically streaming only one screen should be possible.

And yes, some builds actually work in extended mode, but most of the times it just softlocks on the Nintendo 3DS screen.

Just tested on the n3ds xl and I got 10-15 fps with some graphical glitches and lag. This still looks very promising (PS. Why the watermark thing?)

Can you please explain what graphical glitches? It sounds like you're using an outdated version :/

Not sure how to open the .lzma format :v

http://7-zip.org :P

When you are done implementing these features, will you also add support for finding and running cheat codes on the 3DS?

I would love to have a JGecko U like app for the 3DS.

Well... I could try, but I have never worked with cheat codes, so idk :/

Huh, High memory mode soflocks o3ds in infinite loading loop
I guess this is a bug, right?

No, it's an unintentional side effect of running out of memory :/

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't do a JGeck U like app, OP, I know of a thread where you can suggest it to someone who could make it.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you can't do a JGeck U like app, OP, I know of a thread where you can suggest it to someone who could make it.

I mean, I don't even know what that is :/ I have never worked with cheats before. Also, even if someone makes a client, I'd still need to do the 3DS side, but again, as I said I don't know how cheats work. Code patching should be possible soon though.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hmm glad to see I can get the stream to stay connected on PC now compared to a previous version but the N3DS itself slows to a crawl once window connects to it.

Solid start though! nice to finally see more features that depended on NTR CFW not being the case so much any more.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head