Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's what i don't get with Hykem and his exploit.

Why doesn't he release it?

We know he's trying his hardest to open up an exploit in the boot sequence, but here's the thing.
  • The Main Exploit is done and ready
  • As soon as its released, Nintendo is gonna patch the hole it uses, so unless he never releases it Nintendo WILL patch it out.
  • He's more than ready to give up development if someone else takes over hence "Guess my work is moot now. Congratulations @plutoo, @smealum and @naehrwert. Should be matter of time until the keys are out and the exploit afterwards. I’m moving on then. See ya."
He's given himself only one option, release it if the boot exploit doesn't lead to anything or use the boot exploit and make the people wait.

But he could also just release it. Get the exploit out there and give documentation about the boot loop. Anybody willing can just take the stress off of his shoulders and get it out there as an update, he could also do it himself.

If he released the exploit today as it is (as he was saying 99.9999 complete besides the boot exploit), he could give everybody in homebrew development a massive head start, and when the time comes when he or another person discovers the boot exploit and does something with it, they can also put it out there. Nintendo is going to patch it anyway, theres no point literally delaying the inevitable.

There will never be an exploit Nintendo cant patch unless its some stupid shit like a 100% safe downgrade method that relies entirely on the hardware and not the software at all. If it uses software at all, Nintendo will just push an update.

Its not even a pride thing. He'll go down as the person who cracked open the Wii U, whoever finds the boot loop exploit will owe their success to him.

I just don't get why he's delaying it so much when he's ready to just give up if someone else comes along and finds the same or a similar exploit.

Superbossboo

The Regular
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

We know he's trying his hardest to open up an exploit in the boot sequence, but here's the thing.
  • As soon as its released, Nintendo is gonna patch the hole it uses, so unless he never releases it Nintendo WILL patch it out.
  • He's more than ready to give up development if someone else takes over hence "Guess my work is moot now. Congratulations @plutoo, @smealum and @naehrwert. Should be matter of time until the keys are out and the exploit afterwards. I’m moving on then. See ya."
He's given himself only one option, release it if the boot exploit doesn't lead to anything or use the boot exploit and make the people wait.

But he could also just release it. Get the exploit out there and give documentation about the boot loop. Anybody willing can just take the stress off of his shoulders and get it out there as an update, he could also do it himself.

If he released the exploit today as it is (as he was saying 99.9999 complete besides the boot exploit), he could give everybody in homebrew development a massive head start, and when the time comes when he or another person discovers the boot exploit and does something with it, they can also put it out there. Nintendo is going to patch it anyway, theres no point literally delaying the inevitable.

There will never be an exploit Nintendo cant patch unless its some stupid shit like a 100% safe downgrade method that relies entirely on the hardware and not the software at all. If it uses software at all, Nintendo will just push an update.

Its not even a pride thing. He'll go down as the person who cracked open the Wii U, whoever finds the boot loop exploit will owe their success to him.

I just don't get why he's delaying it so much when he's ready to just give up if someone else comes along and finds the same or a similar exploit.
Also, wasn't he working on a permanent exploit so people around here won't try to do something stupid and launch the unsigned application without launching the exploit first.

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
I highly doubt it's even coming out now. After all the drama on here and twitter it would be safer waiting on the NX to get a exploit

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because he doesn't owe anyone anything and can decide to release when/if he is ready ..not sure what people don't get about that..

JayTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, wasn't he working on a permanent exploit so people around here won't try to do something stupid and launch the unsigned application without launching the exploit first.
Thought the boot exploit was the permanent exploit but there could be something i don't know
Because he doesn't owe anyone anything and can decide to release when/if he is ready ..not sure what people don't get about that..
He doesn't owe anyone, nobody is arguing against that. The thing is though the main exploit is ready, what he's doing now is expanding on it, but he also wants to rid himself of it. To him its just the grunt work. He's doing it because nobody else is, and everybody respects him for that but he's ready to pass that onto someone else who knows how to do it and is willing to release that knowledge to the world. I just dont know why he'd want to put extra work into something he has no intention of sticking to if he doesn't have to.

Kingfish4200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally i dont think we will see a release from hykem or plutoo no matter what he or anyone else says. We are like a bunch of drug addicts chasing after that first high feeling and we always get close but never get there. We r never gonna catch that dragon people... Lol

Filzek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There will no release of any kind of NVRAM patch on the fly, and even a ARM patch on the fly, if they release it WIIU is DEAD! The developers know it, the hackers scene seens more focus on the service to nintendo than a service to pirates bay, so, do you think it will solve to release what they got, no!

@smealum know the correct way to destroy one system, and if he release the kernel hack it can be used to do whatsoever you want to WIIU, so, it is the same as PS4 hack, its a true true root power.

Why not release it?
Simple, piracy will destroy the WIIU
This kind of hype cannot be undone, its the same as have been done in the PS3 scene.
The difference are how nintendo Internet works, so, it is not as PSN and they need to find one way out to kick the CFW/HACKED consoles from their network. (the keys can random create new IDS and patch the banned consoles back)

Why release it?
Homebrew world doesn't really exist.
It is all about piracy!

So, the 5.5 hack its not only this, is a full hack to a system, same as PS4 hack, same as linux/bsd root hack.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will no release of any kind of NVRAM patch on the fly, and even a ARM patch on the fly, if they release it WIIU is DEAD! The developers know it, the hackers scene seens more focus on the service to nintendo than a service to pirates bay, so, do you think it will solve to release what they got, no!

@smealum know the correct way to destroy one system, and if he release the kernel hack it can be used to do whatsoever you want to WIIU, so, it is the same as PS4 hack, its a true true root power.

Why not release it?
This kind of hype cannot be undone, its the same as have been done in the PS3 scene.
The difference are how nintendo Internet works, so, it is not as PSN and they need to find one way out to kick the CFW/HACKED consoles from their network. (the keys can random create new IDS and patch the banned consoles back)

Why release it?
It is all about piracy!

So, the 5.5 hack its not only this, is a full hack to a system, same as PS4 hack, same as linux/bsd root hack.
2ea62d600be9e0d51d7fa2b49f8137bf2c36d1ef996c5d9171a8edc5c002ab1e.jpg

Reactions: Don Jon

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why not release it?

Why release it?
It is all about piracy!

this is why this thread should have stayed close
this is a perfect example

but whatever
i respect your opions
others could also speculate this would save the wii u
as there would be more wii u sales
which helps Nintendo.

As i stated before, I think us hackers are the minority
hacking the Wii U =/= downloading and or streaming movies.

Last edited by Don Jon,
Reactions: celolzitos

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Piracy didn't do jack in terms of the lifespan for any nintendo console and it won't force your Wii U to commit suicide out of shame that you ran illegal stuff on it either.

The majority of people that pirate games wouldn't have bought them anyway for various reasons, hence there was never a missed sell to begin with.

None of the copies rotting on the shelf of any distributor will magically vanish, denying the resellers money, unless @TotalInsanity4 beats up harry potter and steals his magic coat so that the security cameras won't notice him.

Piracy is already a thing on lower firmwares and all further exploits will do is increase console sales, because people will invest into consoles if they can pirate games and some of them might even buy a handfull of games if they think the price is fair, generating cash flow instead of drama.

Reactions: bawzy and LucaSmash

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Piracy didn't do jack in terms of the lifespan for any nintendo console and it won't force your Wii U to commit suicide out of shame that you ran illegal stuff on it either.

The majority of people that pirate games wouldn't have bought them anyway for various reasons, hence there was never a missed sell to begin with.

None of the copies rotting on the shelf of any distributor will magically vanish, denying the resellers money, unless @TotalInsanity4 beats up harry potter and steals his magic coat so that the security cameras won't notice him.

Piracy is already a thing on lower firmwares and all further exploits will do is increase console sales, because people will invest into consoles if they can pirate games and some of them might even buy a handfull of games if they think the price is fair, generating cash flow instead of drama.
Just ask to the Wii, the DS and the PS2/PS1.
All sold a lot mainly because of Piracy. I know a lot of people that would buy Wii U's just after the Exploit is going to be released and some people just bought one when Loadiine was a thing. I mean, Nintendo will probably get more money selling a lot of consoles and a little amount of games than selling a little amount of consoles and games for that little market.

Reactions: ajd4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good thing I have a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good thing I have a vagina