Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been keeping up with developments like this, as well as the CEMU emulator, and I hope the creators of each of these things take into account the significance of getting something going that will be able to be used well into the future for archival purposes. This will be the last PowerPC based console, so it's essentially an "end of an era" - especially with Nintendo who has basically kept the same architecture with portability since 2001 release of the Gamecube. It's almost certain the NX will have limited portability, at best, using x86 architecture from 15+ years of their disc based catalog.

That being said, hopefully the creator "Hykem" takes this into account and takes time to make sure that this isn't something that can be patched immediately. Or better yet, just wait until Nintendo releases the next system update and work from there. It's essentially the Wii U's twilight days, so Nintendo won't bother with many more updates. It's more important to get something down for the future and let individuals have access to the system to run Linux, experiment with the Gamepad, and get information vital to backing up and restoring the library rather than the short-sighted few who just want exploits immediately to pirate, emulate, or back up games to a hard drive.

Hopefully Hykem takes this into consideration and takes his time on this. An open system and archiving libraries for the future is much, MUCH more important than placating the weak minded microwave society. My advice? Keep up the good work, but wait until E3 to make a decision on release, because then there will be a clear picture of how Nintendo plans to use the Wii U in the future and you'll have that time to adjust to them rather them adjusting their system updates to you.
What do you have against microwaves?

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, one more day until the we enter the range this will come out in.

Anyone else hyped to play with IOSU?
I am really hyped,like i check this forum every 5 minutes, but i think its going to come out around January 10th - January 20th keep in mind hykem said it would maintained before feburary

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok its January now and no update from hykem. I'm calling bullshit and fake. Who's with me???
Its not January for me yet and no update =/= not working on it. Look at MMBNCX they update like every half a year.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol this has nothing on the gatewait. At least Hykem says hey every week or so. Gateway would literally go months without saying a word or they would tease something and act like the release is weeks away at most and the shit ends up being well over 3 months. It was awful. :gun:GW.:shit:

pulstar80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this seems like a trivial question, I'm not even started into the homebrew scene on Nintendo's newer platforms. Is Loadiine compatible with this upcoming exploit?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I really want this to happen, but where did you get this from, like proof?

on this very thread my friend, read from the start of the page and you will get plenty of info.

hint: the very start .. the op ! c: (it shows that we will have stuff even better than loadiine) xD

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on this very thread my friend, read from the start of the page and you will get plenty of info.

hint: the very start .. the op ! c:
I Have, i have been watching this thread since like page 3, but no one on this thread who is like an official Dev confirmed it, unless i missed something, all i am asking is if you have proof from an official dev who as background,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??