Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
well guys if you feel safe doing it go ahead then, after all yellow8 didn't find anything (he did forget to upload a bunch of files when his exploit came out, he isn't perfect) when 5.6.0 (or 5.5.3 w/e) comes and you cant use the browser in 5.5.1, dont say I didn't tell you.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well guys if you feel safe doing it go ahead then, after all yellow8 didn't find anything (he did forget to upload a bunch of files when his exploit came out, he isn't perfect) when 5.6.0 (or 5.5.3 w/e) comes and you cant use the browser in 5.5.1, dont say I didn't tell you.

This is why I'm staying on 5.5. It sounds like Hykem was warning against this very thing. I do suspect that 5.5.1 did indeed change the browser to react to what fw you are on and if it recognizes you aren't on the latest fw, it may not allow you to access the browser until you've updated. Seems like an easy enough feature for Nintendo to implement, and again, Hykem's warning sure reads like that could be a possibility.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted-355425

This is why I'm staying on 5.5. It sounds like Hykem was warning against this very thing. I do suspect that 5.5.1 did indeed change the browser to react to what fw you are on and if it recognizes you aren't on the latest fw, it may not allow you to access the browser until you've updated. Seems like an easy enough feature for Nintendo to implement, and again, Hykem's warning sure reads like that could be a possibility.

That's very sneaky but I believe they would sneak it in sometime.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
exactly, saying 'no known' in yellow8's github isn't saying 'definitely isn't'. Huge difference

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who's to say they don't have that in earlier patch and didn't enable it yet.

What would the logic of that be then? If they had already done it before the latest fw, why not already enable it? That would ensure as few future hackers as possible.

Regardless, we don't know for sure, but I'm not going to just gamble on the thought that it may already be there but not enabled, so I might as well just update. No logic to that thought if you ask me.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All pointless speculation that can't be confirmed nor denied, lets just wait and see boys.

Well exactly, but it's all about the discussion of if one should updated to 5.5.1 if they are on 5.5. We don't know the full extent of 5.5.1 and this is important to note. So this isn't pointless as it could end up affecting many users wanting to hack. It is speculation, I'll agree to that. But as such, since we don't know for sure, and nothing is guaranteed, the best advice is exactly as page one says, if you want to be safe for hacking when it is released, but are considering updating from 5.5 to 5.5.1, don't. Just don't. It's a no-brainer. Sure, 5.5.1 may be completely harmless, but as you've said, we just don't know for sure, so if you want to hack, just stay where you are firmware wise and be patient.

D

Deleted User

Well exactly, but it's all about the discussion of if one should updated to 5.5.1 if they are on 5.5. We don't know the full extent of 5.5.1 and this is important to note. So this isn't pointless as it could end up affecting many users wanting to hack. It is speculation, I'll agree to that. But as such, since we don't know for sure, and nothing is guaranteed, the best advice is exactly as page one says, if you want to be safe for hacking when it is released, but are considering updating from 5.5 to 5.5.1, don't. Just don't. It's a no-brainer. Sure, 5.5.1 may be completely harmless, but as you've said, we just don't know for sure, so if you want to hack, just stay where you are firmware wise and be patient.

Yep, I agree that people should stay on 5.5 (never update!) but I was more aiming at the speculation relating to wether or not Ninty have done something to the browser in 5.5.1 nobody knows, but as you say, stay on 5.5 and wait it out :)

Reactions: davetheshrew

drewl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont see it in the forst post, nothing about tubehax
Step 1: Power on your system and go to Settings > Internet > Connect to the Internet.
Step 2a: If you don't have a connection already set up, do it now but when it asks if you want DNS to be Automatic or Manual, choose Manual and follow the rest of the steps.
Step 2b: If you have an existing WiFi connection, press X or tap the button in the top right corner to view Existing Connections
Step 3: Choose your connection from the list. I recommend only having 1 at a time so that if you are roaming with your WiiU or have more than one access point it doesn't switch connections and download an update on you.
Step 4: Change Settings > Press the Scroll Arrow on the Right > DNS > Don't Auto Obtain
Step 5: Tap the Primary DNS and set it to 107.211.140.065 -- You can leave the Secondary DNS as 000.000.000.000 (Some people don't know anything about networking and think this could leave their system vulnerable to updates. If you're paranoid, just set the Seconday DNS to 107.211.140.065 as well).
Step 6: Confirm > Save > Save > Quit

Reactions: ganons and Exavold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For you @Xdqwerty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1sefvrN40 +2