Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your receipt should state what's needed for a valid return.
It states that a warranty is only applicable for the 1 year after purchase, factory faulty devices, and I could call to them for a problem. So I dont think any of these things will work sadly.

EDIT: They say hardware will not be exchanged but they have a used game/console system so that would work, idk if I get my exact sum of money back but it's something.

Last edited by Dylon99,

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since i had no luck in the Wii U Hacking & Homebrew thread and it is still a shitfest of everyone endlessly repeating the same questions and answers over and over again even after this amazing enlightenment post, i am going to ask this here:
Did anyone on 5.5.1 (or who happens to have an updated spare console) check if the Wii U Browser is now calling home just like the latest 3DS Browser? If that is happening then the average users here need to be heavily warned about it because if there happens to be a new update (which is likely) and they leave their consoles exposed even for a few seconds to Nintendo servers... RIP.

I have already seen that there is still a lot of confusion with basic stuff like url blocking, disabling automatic updates and even avoiding disc updates, so things could get much worse.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird question, but would the IOSU exploit allow for a better way to dump games? If I'm not mistaken it would allow us access to the USB and SD card hardware wouldn't it?

TimmyP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i use a cable and just leave it unplugged. I guess ill just connect after I disable standby manually until this hack drops. glad I caught it because IT TRIED TO UPDATE IMMEDIATELY. This should be a sticky warning.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have set it up correctly it shouldn't update it, even in standby mode, I checked it by pressing check for updates. And nothing came through. So yeah.

That's what I figured. Thank you.

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i use a cable and just leave it unplugged. I guess ill just connect after I disable standby manually until this hack drops. glad I caught it because IT TRIED TO UPDATE IMMEDIATELY. This should be a sticky warning.
Yeah watch out with cables, they might use standard settings once reconnected you may never know, as for WiFi just change the settings and it will be fine.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have set it up correctly it shouldn't update it, even in standby mode, I checked it by pressing check for updates. And nothing came through. So yeah.
I have never used it, but i did read that the Quick Start Menu also has forced automatic updates if left on.

Skyforce77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That would be a massive undertaking and I'm going to go ahead and say it will never happen unless the game devs decide to do it. Like the other poster said, just get the PC version you will have way more fun.

It would be cool to have linux running on Wii U like PS4 users to play it ^^

TimmyP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a safe way to update a game? Super Mario Maker for example. The new system update happens immediately (or tries to), every time I turn the console on.

Can you let the update fail, remove tubehax, update mario maker, turn wii u off, unplug network cable, reapply tubehax and be good to go? (Sorry for that run on lol)

Last edited by TimmyP,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJhdhkd0w0