Hacking Hardware HWfly-shaped Picofly boards start shipping in China

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I faced this issue before with fake cards. If you try to inject payload from them you get a black screen. Could be other issues but my hunch says its related to the sd card.
If its sd card, then simply run without sdcard goes to ofw. It should not halted with blackscreen.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
His sysnand is not in a position to boot normally. His sysnand was corrupted without backup.
Yeah, not the sdcard though.

It could be the sysnand corrupted. But more important is how did the sysnand corrupted.
If the sysnand corrupted because of hardware faulty from the hwfly pcb, than fix the data wont fix the problem.

Reactions: QuiTim and Dee87

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, not the sdcard though.

It could be the sysnand corrupted. But more important is how did the sysnand corrupted.
If the sysnand corrupted because of hardware faulty from the hwfly pcb, than fix the data wont fix the problem.

It has nothing to do with SD card I agree.

I bet with u if he downloads the ums loader and renames it to payload.bin and puts it on the sd card he gonna be able to load that!!
Post automatically merged:

With the micro SD inserted, I get black screen. Without micro SD, I have the "No SD Card" screen as third photo in my previous post

I've tried with 3 different MicroSD, but all formatted as ExFat. I will try with Fat32, but I bet won't work.
Also, cannot boot on OFW 😞
Try ums loader

https://github.com/lulle2007200/ums-loader

Download that rename it to payload bin and I bet ur gonna get a screen

It uses IRam and if that works ur prob gonna have a issue with the ram.

That why I doomed the oled I had with that issue

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Installers in the UK still wanting £100 to fit these in an OLED, I get that there's a lot of work involved and time consuming, not to mention probably stressful but it's still pricing me out of an install unfortunately

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
It has nothing to do with SD card I agree.

I bet with u if he downloads the ums loader and renames it to payload.bin and puts it on the sd card he gonna be able to load that!!

Try ums loader

https://github.com/lulle2007200/ums-loader

Download that rename it to payload bin and I bet ur gonna get a screen

It uses IRam and if that works ur prob gonna have a issue with the ram.

That why I doomed the oled I had with that issue

I think, from past conversation with some people in the various threads, might be that my Boot0 partition was messed up with Picofly (I didn't have the latest firmware when I ran the first boot).
At this point, this issue (if true) might be the cause.

Yes, ums loader is booting!
What can I do with this? I am trying to find some instructions in the meantime.
Can I dump prod keys with it? If yes, I can try to regenerate clean Boot0 and Boot1.
My problem is also that I have no idea which firmware I have on the switch :(

Thanks in advance!

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is 100 here in the US.

well hopefully an easier & cheaper to install method is discovered in the future as I intend to keep the OLED for a long time, but it would be nice to have an emunand option to keep things clean on the legit online side of things

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well hopefully an easier & cheaper to install method is discovered in the future as I intend to keep the OLED for a long time, but it would be nice to have an emunand option to keep things clean on the legit online side of things

If you know a friend that can solder they might do it free for you if they have the equipment. Unless they find a software base mod for OLED it is going to be modchip.

Reactions: peteruk

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think, from past conversation with some people in the various threads, might be that my Boot0 partition was messed up with Picofly (I didn't have the latest firmware when I ran the first boot).
At this point, this issue (if true) might be the cause.

Yes, ums loader is booting!
What can I do with this? I am trying to find some instructions in the meantime.
Can I dump prod keys with it? If yes, I can try to regenerate clean Boot0 and Boot1.
My problem is also that I have no idea which firmware I have on the switch :(

Thanks in advance!
see if u can boot lockpick with the sdcard same procedure as with the ums loader download it place the bin in the sd card and rename it to payload.bin then u can get ur keys but im gonna bet thats also not gonna work.

if u have the same issue as a few of the people i know who had this issue u will get a backscreen and u can only stuff thats uses iram.

i tried rebuilding the whole nand but nothing worked for me.

i also talked to a few more people who know more about software sided and they all said the same if u can only get iram stuff runing its gona be a issue with the hardware and its not software related.

and after checking all the power ics and co i was going to atempt to change the rams , but i ordered the stencil it never came and i spent enough time on that switch without getting it runing so its just a donor board now.

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
see if u can boot lockpick with the sdcard same procedure as with the ums loader download it place the bin in the sd card and rename it to payload.bin then u can get ur keys but im gonna bet thats also not gonna work.

if u have the same issue as a few of the people i know who had this issue u will get a backscreen and u can only stuff thats uses iram.

i also talked to a few more people who know more about software sided and they all said the same if u can only get iram stuff runing its gona be a issue with the hardware and its not software related.

and after checking all the power ics and co i was going to atempt to change the rams , but i ordered the stencil it never came and i spent enough time on that switch without getting it runing so its just a donor board now.
Indeed I took the lockpick from this post, renamed as payload.bin but it doesn't work.

I would like to write the Boot0 and Boot1 I have generated with a donor key, is it something I can do with ums-loader? Is there a tutorial?

If doesn't work, I think I will try to check more deeply the hardware.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Indeed I took the lockpick from this post, renamed as payload.bin but it doesn't work.

I would like to write the Boot0 and Boot1 I have generated with a donor key, is it something I can do with ums-loader? Is there a tutorial?

i tried level 1 2 and 3 nothing worked for me

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I think, from past conversation with some people in the various threads, might be that my Boot0 partition was messed up with Picofly
I doubt its picofly.
Because i heard that cases only when someone still in installing stage.
I have not known some running picofly modded switch, let say for a couple month, then suddenly got emmc partition corrupted.

I am pretty sure its human error, when installing picofly.
Or some ship equipment they used, that have leaked current or similar.
Or the shippy pcb, such as the rp2040-zero/tiny, the hwfly, custom pcb, etc.
That somehow have a faulty hardware on it.

Try to squeeze the dram or cpu little bit.
I heard someone do this to check. If its work than reflow is enough i guess.

Last edited by abal1000x,
Reactions: Dee87

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Why even bather if your RAM is faulty. If it is indeed a RAM issue and not something else like a damaged trace he could try to reflow the modules.

Last edited by Hassal,
Reactions: Dee87

Bipolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello guys,

I`m new in here and a little confused where to ask. I want to install modchip to my Switch Lite. I have read for couple of days about this proces but it looks like it`s not a simple plug&play install. As far as I think I can handle the soldering part but I`m not sure about few things:

Can I grab aliexpres modchip, flash it with newest picofly 2.74 (just ot be sure there is correct and latest version) and I`m good to go? Is Allie RP2040 clones are fully compatible with DIY Picofly? It not gonna get bricked after flashing? (I`m 90% sure they are Picofly clones and compatible).
I can`t post any link as a new user, I would show dome exemplary modchip I found and wish to buy.
I dig that thread and found resistor values posted by "snaker" on page 8 in case of troubles with RP clones.

Can you recommend some seller/board model for NS Lite you had experience with? Some of them are suspiciously cheap.

Have a nice day :)

Attachments

• RP2040.jpg
    RP2040.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 35

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys,

I`m new in here and a little confused where to ask. I want to install modchip to my Switch Lite. I have read for couple of days about this proces but it looks like it`s not a simple plug&play install. As far as I think I can handle the soldering part but I`m not sure about few things:

Can I grab aliexpres modchip, flash it with newest picofly 2.74 (just ot be sure there is correct and latest version) and I`m good to go? Is Allie RP2040 clones are fully compatible with DIY Picofly? It not gonna get bricked after flashing? (I`m 90% sure they are Picofly clones and compatible).
I can`t post any link as a new user, I would show dome exemplary modchip I found and wish to buy.
I dig that thread and found resistor values posted by "snaker" on page 8 in case of troubles with RP clones.

Can you recommend some seller/board model for NS Lite you had experience with? Some of them are suspiciously cheap.

Have a nice day :)

Sure u can install one of those aliexpress chips some work some don't.

If u want support in the Picofly thread then install the Original Rp2040 Tiny.

Sure they are "clones" and come with a preflashed firmware.

But they are not supported since there are no Diagrammes.

U want to use the 2.73 Firmware since 2.74 is depreciated

Reactions: Bipolaro

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

Hi!
Let me understand better: if you run ums-loader and it loads, then is probably a an issue with the RAM? What behaviour do you expect while running ums-loader with a healthy RAM?

Bipolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sure u can install one of those aliexpress chips some work some don't.

If u want support in the Picofly thread then install the Original Rp2040 Tiny.

Sure they are "clones" and come with a preflashed firmware.

But they are not supported since there are no Diagrammes.

U want to use the 2.73 Firmware since 2.74 is depreciated
So in simple words - Aliexpress modchips like one from the photo can`t be flashed with Picofly 2.73 firmware, correct?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi!
Let me understand better: if you run ums-loader and it loads, then is probably a an issue with the RAM? What behaviour do you expect while running ums-loader with a healthy RAM?
Yes probably the ram.
Its still gonna run if the ram is healthy

So in simple words - Aliexpress modchips like one from the photo can`t be flashed with Picofly 2.73 firmware, correct?
Have I ever said that?
I can use it but if u want full support get one of the supported boards

Reactions: Bipolaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright