warrios96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,
I have installed the hwfly chip in my oled and at first the green led light came out. When installing the files to the SD it worked apparently fine. However, it got stuck and I restarted it. Once I restart it, I only get the red light.
Do you know what could be due?
The connections are correct. The CFW that loads needs a specific payload that I did not do. could that be the mistake?.

Thanks in advance

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have installed the hwfly chip in my oled and at first the green led light came out. When installing the files to the SD it worked apparently fine. However, it got stuck and I restarted it. Once I restart it, I only get the red light.
Do you know what could be due?
The connections are correct. The CFW that loads needs a specific payload that I did not do. could that be the mistake?.

Thanks in advance

1674577948180.png

Red error means either bad CLK, DAT0, or CMD connection, or bad eMMC.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the connections are correct. should i update the firmware hwfly or with tegra load the payload? I have not even had time to make a backup copy of the eMMC
Read the graphic that comes with the software. @Hayato213 is correct. The lights are correct. The chip is telling you that you have a problem with your connection to CLK, DAT0, or CMD or a coincidental and thus unlikely bad eMMC.

Take two of these…

1674583931360.png

Then fix your connections.

Be sure to come back after you’ve fixed your connections and share the good news that it’s fixed!

Good luck and tty soon!

warrios96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Read the graphic that comes with the software. @Hayato213 is correct. The lights are correct. The chip is telling you that you have a problem with your connection to CLK, DAT0, or CMD or a coincidental and thus unlikely bad eMMC.

Take two of these…

View attachment 349128

Then fix your connections.

Be sure to come back after you’ve fixed your connections and share the good news that it’s fixed!

Good luck and tty soon!
Today I reassembled it and the green light came on, I haven't touched anything.
Am I cursed?

I take this opportunity to ask, any CFW that is modified and is very good, with a store to download games, DLC and expansions?

Vladjaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, my friend has a bad soldering or something and it seems like contact is loose - the switch won't power on until she will press really hard on back cover in the area of SOC under it. Sometimes even that does not help. Is it bad ribbon soldering? She took the console to a person who did the soldering and the person said that they did recheck all values including ribbon cable and everything is fine. How she can prove if the issue is the bad ribbon soldering? OFW works fine too (checked by bypassing chip using "reset").

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I reassembled it and the green light came on, I haven't touched anything.
Am I cursed?

I take this opportunity to ask, any CFW that is modified and is very good, with a store to download games, DLC and expansions?
Sounds like whatever is loose is now touching intermittently and at least good enough to get a green light. A bit of temporary luck is good but I expect having done nothing, you’ll be back. Let’s hope that’s not the case.

Check out this guide to get started w/ CFW

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

• Love
Reactions: warrios96

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have a question, my friend has a bad soldering or something and it seems like contact is loose - the switch won't power on until she will press really hard on back cover in the area of SOC under it. Sometimes even that does not help. Is it bad ribbon soldering? She took the console to a person who did the soldering and the person said that they did recheck all values including ribbon cable and everything is fine. How she can prove if the issue is the bad ribbon soldering? OFW works fine too (checked by bypassing chip using "reset").
Her switch may have issue with SoC or RAM, I guess she dropped switch on the floor and this made SoC or RAM become loose from motherboard. She needs to open the back cover of switch, hard press on SoC or RAM to narrow down where the issue come from, then this thing need to be rework by using hot air gun.

Reactions: binkinator

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
the problem that always happen in dat0 oled because using free-lead tin in emmc and dat0, so the only permanen fix is replace dat0 adapter using new green pcb adapter and reball with tin lead, or reball emmc and direct solder the pin and once again use lead tin

Reactions: binkinator

kib

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hi all,

I have an OLED Switch that flashes red, purple then white, then nothing happens, screen stays black, doesn’t boot to anything.

After this sequence I have to hold power off for 15s to completely turn it off, and then try again.

It does randomly boot up, after flashing purple then green. But even when it boots to the CFW, it can freeze randomly, with no predictable time. It also doesn’t wake up if it goes into sleep mode.

Is this a software problem and I have to redo the CFW or does it come from the installed chip?

Thanks!

Last edited by kib,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!