HWFLY chips will brick your OLED. Here is how to avoid it

First things first, I should start by saying that if you have an OLED-specific clone chip you're fine.

Anyways, all HWFLY Lite chips come with Spacecraft v1. For those that don't know, Spacecraft v1 sets certain pins to 5V that shouldn't be set to that on an OLED.

You can find more info in the readme of my application here: https://github.com/Pheeeeenom/payloadchecker

All this application does is check the payload that's currently written and checks it to verified hashes stored in the program.

Steps to follow are:

Boot hekate
Dump BOOT0
Check it on application

If you have a genuine modchip, update it to the latest Spacecraft v2 before you install it into an OLED.

The OLED-specific modchip also comes with broken USB debugging, if you want to fix this issue you will need to write this repaired firmware binary.

Tembokbesi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Realistically, all those dead on install consoles may as well be installation issues, the OLED install isn't a walk in the park, most people will not know how to install those properly, points on the board are tiny as well, all it takes is bridging the wrong pins.

That said, it's not a good idea to supply wrong voltages to begin with and we do not know how far tolerance extend, for all we know it's well within spec but it might not be, either way you risk damaging your console, especially long term if you do not apply proper voltages, as such I would not recommend running a firmware that's not designed for Aula in mind on an OLED console.
I agree with you, many console dead is because of installation of mod chip. Untill now nothing console dead because issue 5v of hwfly with v1 spacecraft fw... tell me if had

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is this account even legit?
It's so sad you'll defend a batch of dangerous products just because you want to sell them.
Instead, accept the fact you need to allow flashing and start using the new version of spacecraft asap, or no one will be buying from you at all ever again.
I've checked. Seems legit.

• Wow
Reactions: Aerocool

Mena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this account even legit?
It's so sad you'll defend a batch of dangerous products just because you want to sell them.
Instead, accept the fact you need to allow flashing and start using the new version of spacecraft asap, or no one will be buying from you at all ever again.
This is my intention, force them. Of course, I'll check it too.

FantasyDH

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why?

20220109113420.jpg

Reactions: Magnus Hydra

Mena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a quick tutorial.... just incase the app doesn't get updated:

To check this yourself you can look at the following... below is an image of the payloads used in v1 and v2 spacecraft. left is v1, right is v2

1641700202640.png

Dump your BOOT0, go to offset 0x3F0000

and compare your values...it's very straightforward.
1641700317709.png

in this example, it's v2

w350922439

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
this is my boot0.i use the new hyfly modchip.it seems like v2 ?so i can use it,dont worry about it? thx.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    609.7 KB · Views: 66

FantasyDH

Trophies
XP
Country
China
in our parlance, the V3 chip (third generation), not the V3 firmware, we do not know the built-in firmware version when purchasing

Afuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey y'all - been following (lurking) the discussion above. I also thought I had a HWFly Lite w/ spacecraft v1 in my OLED at first but the program wouldn't run on my BOOT0 so I also checked my offset 0x3F0000... looks like it's actually on v2? :huh:

Attachments

• offset.png
    offset.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 69
  • unknown payload.png
    unknown payload.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 69

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: