Humble Double Fine Bundle

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by TehSkull, May 7, 2013.

1. TehSkull
    OP

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    I'm not too sure about this new model for the Humble Bundle, with extra content at set prices rather than just beating the average. Regardless, these 4 games are fantastic, and worth every penny they're asking for them. (Average currently sitting at $7.60)

Source

2. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    Oh yes.

Oh. Yes.

3. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    The new model just lets you buy into their new game via Kickstarter.

EDIT: But thanks for the heads up! I just bought the 4 games, even though I already got Psychonauts from a previous HB.

4. Mythrix

Mythrix GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2006
    Bought! While I didn't really care much for the extra content, I guess it may be a good way to drive up the donations considering that some of the cash paid goes to charity? I dunno.

5. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

Jul 21, 2009
    United States
    Imoriata
    Eh, I might skip this one. Double Fine is getting far too much attention, and their games aren't that great(minus Psychonauts). And the "set price" for the preorder is something that doesn't belong on a Humble Bundle like that.

Lanlan and Haloman800 like this.
  6. Seyiji

Seyiji Rawr :3

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    PA
    Not interested in Costume Quest, I already have Psychonauts, not interested in Stacking, considering the current port quality of Brütal Legend and the up in the air nature of future patches/fixes/support I'll pass on it until its on sale for less and due to that I'm not touching Broken Age until it comes out if at all. I hope their Weekly Sale come back soon.

7. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    $70 for a t-shirt? Really? Really?

Still, it's a good collection of games from a generally good developer. It's definitely a cool promotion, though I think I'll save my money for the next one.

8. TehSkull
    OP

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Yeah that's my take on it too. I don't have or want Costume Quest and I already own Stacking and Psychonauts. I'll just pick up Brutal Legend in a Steam sale.

9. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    brought it...... but, goddamn im such a cheap stake... meh.. what can i do. sometimes.

[​IMG]

Fluto likes this.
  10. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    Kind of getting sick of seeing the same games over and over.. Psychonauts is the only one worth considering, I'll pass on this one.

11. Mythrix

Mythrix GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2006
    Yeah, quite expensive for a t-shirt. Then again the last few years I've been buying collector's editions of certain games, and if I were to look at what I actually get for the price, it's hardly ever actually worth it. It's more of a "I like these games so much I'm willing to pay extra to support the company releasing this game". But eh, yeah I don't really care that much about Double Fine, only heard good things about Psychonauts that I still haven't played.

About Humble Bundles: To be honest at some point I stopped even caring what games I actually get. As long as there is one game that I still don't have, even if it's a game I never really wanted to buy, I've just bought the bundle for just slightly above average. I just boost up the charity slider more if they are games that I really don't care about... Because, uh, charity. I guess. And because I want to fill up my Steam account with games that I'll never get time to play. *shrugs*

12. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    I have a couple of the games in this bundle, but I find it difficult to turn down a bargain, so nabbed.

13. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Remember, this is also a charity event, the games are mainly a bonus in my eyes.

Mythrix likes this.
  14. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Eh the only one I care for is Brutal Legend. But even then, I already have the other 3 games. Bit of a waste for me.