Human Mind

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help understanding the human mind; if anyone is bored, please message me or post the answers to these questions. Please do not leave details behind, no matter what they are, they are welcomed.

1) What do you think is the purpose of life and why?

2) What is the most unusual observation in life you have seen and why was it unusual to you?

3) How well do you think you know yourself?

4) Age group:
a) 1-15
b) 16-21
c) 22 - 28
d) 29+

Keep in mind I will not see your answers as right or wrong. I need answers that deviate far from average.

wrsg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. To gain self-awareness and enlightenment.
2. The observation that science still has not explained what existed before the Big Bang and what caused the Big Bang.
3. Better than I did. Hopefully not as well as I will when I'm older.
4. d

It's obvious you're coming at this from a scientific standpoint and you seem to be asking metaphysical questions, but science does not cater for or comprehend the existence of the soul. Therefore, this is never going to be more than a half-assed survey.

Reactions: 3 people

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To enjoy it for what it is, to life out the time you have doing what you love to do.
Why is there 2D and 1D??
Very well
Truly I would be 15, but I see myself as more of choice b :)

Reactions: 1 person

Balee56

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
1.To enjoy life,help other to enjoy it,and try to invent something helps the sick people or just makes the Earth a better place.
2.dunno
3.Kinda
4.b

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do you need a purpose for a condition? what's the purpose of the wind? it's not a purpose, it's a reaction from other elements. Life is a result of met physical conditions.

Purpose is only for people who don't like the feeling of being un-useful to society (For Example: People wining the lottery continuing their job to feel useful, etc.), and for people believing someone (religion) put them here for a reason and are afraid of taking their own decisions.

2) What is the most unusual observation in life you have seen and why was it unusual to you?
I don't really know what to answer to that. Maybe I don't understand the question.
Let's say that there are people who want to die but can't, and people who wanted to live but died.

How could you quantify the unknown?

4) Age group:
d) (29+)

Reactions: 2 people

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no purpose, why are we on this planet anyway? There really is no answer to that question. Life is simply life, it's the period of time in which you do whatever you are capable of doing. That's it.

I do wonder how some people can manage to continue living under incredible amounts of stress, pain and misery...

0.0001% I am forever changing, throughout my life I will do many things that will change how I think, feel and just generally live on this planet. So I don't know myself. If anything, the people I talk to on a day to day basis know me more as I'm influenced by their actions...

4) Age group:
B. 16-21.

Reactions: 3 people

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone :)

I'm not trying to understand the purpose of life, I'm trying to understand how people precieve things and I do that by these questions :)

Keep them coming if you have something to say.

The answers are pretty good so far, I'm expecting all sorts of answers and no one is right or wrong :)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you hate people with Dark theme so much :C

Anyway.

1) Depends on what you call life. Some would say that jumping out of planes and partying to the max is living. Others would say breathing is living. To me life is a state of activity. A state of flowing energy in a single aging form. I conclude that the purpose to life is simply to die, and the purpose of death is to simply live. As to come up with a more complex answer would just create more pointless questions which cant be answered. I would like both to be as comfortable as possible.

2) People. How we as a species know exactly what we are doing wrong, what we are doing to hold our selves back, what were doing to kill anything that seems to want to remain separate from us. Yet, we invent little things such as questions and research in which we know will sooner or later not mean anything, will not have actually bettered us in anyway, except in a purely physical way. Take religion. People are willing to die for what they think a state that may or may not exist is, but why does your view of it matter to the world now that your gone? Also how we feel the need to be entertained in very very stupid ways. I could go on and on.

3) Im me, I dont need to know myself to be myself. therefore theres no point is bothering to know myself any better then I need to be myself. In other words, I odnt know anything about myself, other then what I look like and how I think to a degree.

A

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1) What do you think is the purpose of life and why? The purpose in life is to find your own propose. One can not determine another's propose in life, you can only determine your own propose.

2) What is the most unusual observation in life you have seen and why was it unusual to you? The most unusual thing I have ever seen would be way too hard to explain. I have seen so many strange things in my life, some I can't explain.

3) How well do you think you know yourself? I am a very strange and complex person, there is more to me that even I have yet to discover.

4) Age group:
b) 16-21

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
1. i dunno. such questions are hard to answer. especially when a lot of people provide good answers which depends upon their own perception.
2. the strangest thing for me is how the fuck did i end up conscious. i can think, see hear taste etc. what would it be if i didn't exist? would everything else still go as planned but then i wouldn't be here and everything else would not matter. how did i, and others' consciousness start? it's somehow like a digital world, there but isn't there.
my brain is physical, but what's inside it, my thoughts, personality, how i think. i just don't know.

3. i don't know, i could say 7/10 but then if i forget 3/10, who's to say i did not forgot more, or was there even something i did forget?

4. i'd be in group b, but on jul, 26 i would be 22.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To say that life has a purpose is to imply that an intelligent being created life. Evidence does not support this.

You drive in a parkway and park in a driveway. How in the heck?

Since there is only one of myself I don't have a lot to compare my knowledge to.

4) Age group:
29+

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There is none. Find your own purpose.
That human society has advanced to where it is now without falling to pieces
Pretty well
4) Age group:
b)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
-> the purpose of life? why must there be a purpose? I do not believe there is such a thing. In this day and age, we come to life because our parents want us (or had unsafe sex). From that point on, everyone is free to pursue their own goals, which is the beauty of free will (let's pretend free will exists for a moment shall we).
Now if you ask for my own purpose in life- it is to make the most of my time on this planet before I die. Enjoying everything I can: the beauties that nature offers us, tasting the best food, pleasure from all senses... Because what I hate more than anything is regrets. I don't want to be full of regrets when I'm old, and be all like "ah, I wish I had travelled more when I was young" or "I wish I had eaten more burgers while I was young, because I sure can't eat any now".

I'm not sure I can answer that. Everything I have seen has had a logical explanation so far, so I cannot consider anything to be really 'unusual'.
What I find extraordinary though is how the way of life of (almost) all humans around the world can change so quickly with technology.
The internet and mobile phones have changed the world in so many ways, and it all happened in the past 10-20 years. In my lifetime.

On a psychological point of view, I think I know myself, my strengths, my limits.
On a physiological point of view, in terms of health, my own body, how what I eat affects my well being, I still feel kinda invulnerable since nothing ever really happened to me. I cannot really say I know myself on that front.
So lets go for 50%, ha.

4) Age group:
c) 22 - 28

Reactions: 4 people

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1: To live. I never really liked getting profound with that question. We live, to live.

2: Can't say I can really answer this question.

3: Pretty well. Probably the best way I can answer is "I don't surprise myself very often."

4) b

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1)well , to make the planet a better place
2)people care for money , but it doesnt get carried over when they die , it isnt is a game
3)nothing, i dont know myself
4)B

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The purpose of life for me is to live as long as possible and die knowing you did the best you could. Why is the hard part, but dying with no regrets is a good motivator for me. I mean I don't want to hit the finish line and think to myself "If only I had done this or that..." Life is too short and we have so much to do in the time we are allotted.

I have observed that people will waste enormous amounts of time repeating the same mistakes over and over again. It often baffles me as to why people do the same things over and over and each time expecting a different result as if physics where some sort of slot machine.

My self image is awesome, now if I could just convince everyone else how awesome I am everything would be fine... lol

4) Age group:

D but I don't look a day over 40! wait thats older than I am.... damn!

a) 1-15
b) 16-21
c) 22 - 28
d) 29+

Edit: I answered before reading anyone else's posts as I didn't want to pollute my own answers. After reading costello's I was amazed we answered the first question almost the same way. I guess that would be a popular answer to that question?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>To be satisfied. Why? We don't even know why we're here, and to an extent we don't even know what we are. We're carbon based masses, yes, but so is everything else on this planet. Is being sentient the only thing that really sets us apart from everything else? Some people enjoy the quest for that knowledge, which is why they do it. I enjoy sex and video games, which is why I do those. My little brother likes feeding ducks with stale bread, which is why he does that. We all do things that make us happy, or at the very least satisfied, most of the time. Edit - to clarify on that, self satisfaction is our purpose, at least superficially. We do things we enjoy, or have some sort of ties to an enjoyable activity that may be a result of performing an unenjoyable action.

>>How people can be so close-minded and ignorant. Maybe it's just because I'm "the white guy", but I find racist jokes of every color to be funny sometimes, regardless of what race they pertain to, even if they're towards white guys. Maybe it's because I don't even know how to classify my religious beliefs, but given it's the right time and place, I'll be more than willing to have a serious discussion of mine versus yours - I very well might learn something from it. You're gay? Good for you! I'm not, and I wouldn't want it any different. And I certainly know you wouldn't want your situation different either, because if you did, you either wouldn't be there or wouldn't be so open about it. My most unusual observation of human life is why it's so hard for some people to be open minded and accepting that not everyone is going to have the same beliefs as you, and how people get so easily offended over the smallest shit.

>>You can always learn more about anything in the world. Thus, I know myself enough to know what I, at this very moment, enjoy and dislike, but in the larger scope, I don't know myself nearly enough.

4) Age group:
a) 1-15
b) 16-21
c) 22 - 28
d) 29+
>> b, 20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i tried just yuzu so far, not even played, just open the game to see if it run
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: emo