Hacking Hulu plus

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I think I am on 4.2 with a black wii. Is the latest firmware able to use the HBC? Should I just update and re hack it? Would that be easy if it would work?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use ModMii to install the latest cIOS files and the latest Shop Channel. It's straightforward. There is no reason to be on a system menu higher than 4.1, but you're free to update if you feel like going through the trouble.

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it is safe to update to 4.3? are there any benefits to doing so? I just installed modmii and downloaded the shop channel, do i just put that in my sd card and run it?

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i put the shop channel download in my wad folder, went to wad manager and installed it using 249. ran the shop channel and got error 002? what went wrong?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question to the OP, is Hulu Plus worth it? I have Netflix and its OK (I think its worth the money but just barely.)

Netflix has zero commercials I hear Hulu Plus has some but not many?

Anyway good to see you got it working :)

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the main difference between hulu and netflix are the commercials and the frequency they add new episodes, the commercials are kinds of annoying, but I have learned to deal with them. I really like how hulu adds individual episodes of tv shows as the season goes on, but with netflix you have to wait for them to add the whole season and sometimes it takes quite a long time after the season is finished for them to add it to streaming.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think its worth it. I tried it out and it SUCKED. There were some instances where there were 3 commercial breaks in 10 minutes. Its annoying. ALso the connection drops way more than Netflix. There are just a lot of bugs at the moment. Might be better in the future but who knows.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I have to say that I agree with musicman's comment. If I wanted to pay and watch commercials, I would just get a dvr from my cable company. Hulu needs to get with the times and cut the commercial BS, if they did that, I would definitely signup, instead I will keep using the back allies to get my shows.

I find in mind boggling when I see comments like:
...the commercials are kinds of annoying, but I have learned to deal with them.
You pay for this service, why should you have to "learn to deal with" something. If you support them then they will keep doing business as usual. I say we just boycott in hopes that they will get a clue.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
^^I agree. Why the hell should we have to see commercials when we pay for cable service? And cable service costs substantially more than hulu plus and netflix. Let boycott cable.

Actually, I have boycotted cable for the past 6 years. I get OTA TV. Fuck paying shit loads of money for a service where %99.7 of the shit on it is shit that I don't care for. I'd rather just download my individual shows that I like and watch them on my wii at the time that I want to watch them.... and never have to see a commercial.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
^^I agree. Why the hell should we have to see commercials when we pay for cable service? And cable service costs substantially more than hulu plus and netflix. Let boycott cable.

Actually, I have boycotted cable for the past 6 years. I get OTA TV. Fuck paying shit loads of money for a service where %99.7 of the shit on it is shit that I don't care for. I'd rather just download my individual shows that I like and watch them on my wii at the time that I want to watch them.... and never have to see a commercial.

Lol, I hear ya. I only have an internet connection, reluctantly through my cable provider since they do offer the best deal in my area. I have dumped my phone company and use a voip service that I hobbled together will google voice for my phone (unlimited free calls and $1 a month for the number), download my shows and havent seen a commercial in years! I refuse to even pay for a cell phone, instead I use a hacked windows mobile phone with my voip plan via wifi!

Now if we could just get others to be a little froggy and make the leap, these fat cat companies might treat their customers fairly. Then again it's prolly just as likely I'll run into the jabberwocky on my way to work.

EDIT: While I'm at it, ebooks really bite me, how is it possible that publishers charge the same price if not more for a digital copy of a book than a real tangible book. Once again such non-sense has to stop!

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
^^ LOL yea I have thought about that, but then I would be restricted to the crappy connections around me. 768Kb down does not strike me a worth the hassel ;-) I am really not sure why I am the only one with a decent connection, I even tried to "pringles can" my way to connections that are farther away but still only 768Kb there too!

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I thought Hulu+ had no commercials and regular Hulu did? Why pay for Hulu+ if there are ads? Makes no sense!

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought Hulu+ had no commercials and regular Hulu did? Why pay for Hulu+ if there are ads? Makes no sense!

From the horses mouth:
www.hulu.com/plus?src=topnav said:
** Hulu Plus is ad-supported to keep the price low, given the high licensing costs of current season TV episodes

The best part is I see less commercials watching something OTA (over the air) than on Hulu and OTA is FREE!!!

The blatant lies that they try to feed the public reminds me of the Monty Python: Quest for the Holy Grail dialog between two knights and goes a little something like this:

**King Arther cut's off the Black Knight's arm at the shoulder**
King Arthur: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch.
King Arthur: A scratch? Your arm's off.
Black Knight: No it isn't.
King Arthur: What's that, then?
Black Knight: [after a pause] I've had worse.
King Arthur: You liar.

The full text can be seen here: http://www.imdb.com/...h0032564/quotes

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have learned to deal with the commercials because I figure the money they make from them is probably what it takes to be able to release new content so much faster than netflix, which works for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2