Hardware Huge DVD Burner Problems - Need help ASAP!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm... I'm gonna try and burn an .iso pretty soon, although I'm gonna need to search around for some tutorials on burning isos, and on decrypting PS2 games. I'll let you guys know if it works
biggrin.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well it sounds like it's working, though i'm curious what your new drive is set to, as most drives do not use the same number of jumpers or positions as one another. but if it works, it works - a final test will be burning successfully. you should also update your drives firmware when you get the chance

Probably be set to master , every burner I've ever had has been set to master out of the box.

User200

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well it sounds like it's working, though i'm curious what your new drive is set to, as most drives do not use the same number of jumpers or positions as one another. but if it works, it works - a final test will be burning successfully. you should also update your drives firmware when you get the chance

Probably be set to master , every burner I've ever had has been set to master out of the box.

Your probably right, I had the same experience and I've been through 12 burners

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm... I'm gonna try and burn an .iso pretty soon, although I'm gonna need to search around for some tutorials on burning isos, and on decrypting PS2 games. I'll let you guys know if it works
biggrin.gif

Use Nero for data compilations and imgburn (google it it's free) for isos

Yeah I agree, it should be, but I guess it doesn't matter since it seems to be working. It may have been switched to cable select, we just don't know

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for future reference the drive you bought was an OEM drive meaning just the burner and software comes with the package. All OEM products come without cables. If you want cables and such you need to go for a retail one. Newegg usually sells both OEM and retail products of the same model.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
for future reference the drive you bought was an OEM drive meaning just the burner and software comes with the package. All OEM products come without cables. If you want cables and such you need to go for a retail one. Newegg usually sells both OEM and retail products of the same model.
Yeah, I know that now. But it wasn't a big deal at all though, thank God. Since it was internal, I just had to solder it in my compy. Now, if it was EXTERNAL...then yeah, I would have been in deep doo-doo.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usualy pull all jumpers and let the cables do the master slave, usualy works. LOL

I use magicDisc as a freeware mounting program, much better than daemontools.

Probably the reson her new layout worked is because her old drive was set to auto and her new drive set to master. the cable however was telling the auto to me master and the master to be slave/

Switching the drives makes the master (New) master, and the older auto was happy to be slave.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I know that now. But it wasn't a big deal at all though, thank God. Since it was internal, I just had to solder it in my compy. Now, if it was EXTERNAL...then yeah, I would have been in deep doo-doo.

woah woah woah lol. you didn't actually solder anything during the install did you??

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

woah woah woah lol. you didn't actually solder anything during the install did you??
at least its working, right? right?! haha
cool.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
No, but "solder" to me means like... yeah. That kind of stuff >__> Just ignore my dumbness.

I'm actually really happy with this burner! Took about 4-5 minutes to backup a pretty large PS2 game, and took exactly 4 minutes and 45 seconds to burn it into a DVD. I'm not sure how to check if it works, but it seemed like it did >___> I hope DVD Decrypter works nicely for backing up and burning, cuase thatss hwat I used. : P It was the easiest thing to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr