http://www.buygateway3ds.com/

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by oao, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oao
    OP

oao Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    France
    Hello,
    i have just received my Gateway from http://www.buygateway3ds.com/
    i panic a little bit when i red the forum posts but everything went fine. They are in the official list and it's not fair to say it's scam. It's maybe not clear but as it's writen they ship from UK when you're in UK, for other country they ship from China.
    The Gateway work fine but it's not in the user manual i've to use L botton when entering nintendo DS profil .
    I've 4.4.0 3DS is it usefull to update to 4.5 ?
    Thanks

2. T3Sm0

T3Sm0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2007
    United States
    I am on 4.3 and everything works. I don't see the need to update. There were problems with 4.1 but we should be fine with 4.3 / 4.4

3. mznova

mznova GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2007
    United States
    The scam site is 3dsgateway.com
    buygateway3ds.com is listed under resellers so it should be safe as you mentioned. Maybe a mod can make a thread listing all the trusted resellers here http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers.html so people people new to the scene don't get scammed.

4. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    Only one post? Advertisement?

5. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    was thinking just this

you normally get the actual site doing that

6. Potvis

Potvis Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2013
    Netherlands
    Well if the site is listed as a reseller on the official Gateway 3DS site, it should be alright.

7. Askedforthis

Askedforthis GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2013
    Norway
    No, considering you'd normally use the EmuNAND there isn't any reason to be on 4.5 for the system.

If you absolutely want to be on 4.5, you can buy a 4.5 game or use Gateway 3DS firmware 1.0 with a 4.5 game like SMT IV to update it to 4.5. But 4.4 will do fine.

8. oao
    OP

oao Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    France
    Thanks for your replies, i've discovered Gbatemp cause i've stressed out thinking i bought my gateway at the wrong reseller. I just bought a 3DS XL, my last was the DS original. I'm very paranoiac so when some situation show me that i should't i like to share.
    Thanks T3Sm0 and Askedforthis i won't update to 4.5 for now and i bought luigi's mansion 2 .

9. oao
    OP

oao Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    France
    Just to close this, Just after buying my GATEWAY, i've researched on google the site i'm talking about, i found a lot of posts on GBATEMP saying it's scam. But it was'nt! That's all. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.