HTML Help

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a creative solution. I'm trying to have a link that will auto-populate the body with a certain table. I know how to populate everything but the body can only be done with plain text, the table is not plain text.

I wouldn't mind a table on the web page to be fill-in-able ( lol ) and then copy-pasted but that doesn't work out to well. ive attached an image with the table format.

any ideas are appreciated!

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to have a clickable link that auto-populates the body of the email with a table that looks like that.

we need to be able to enter info on the right side of the table, the left side will have static info.

this is to make it easier to send an email instead of having to copy-paste the table everytime its needed and its needed quite a bit

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
can't use anything that special foxi4 but thanks for the thoughts
Well, if you want the table's body to be auto-populated out with information fetched from some sort of an array or database then you'll have to program that, and to program that you'll either have to use HTML5, JavaScript, SQL (requires an SQL database server running, so you probably don't want that) or PHP. I can't think of any other solution that could help you off the top of my head since those seem to be the preferred industry-standard solutions.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
trying to have a clickable link that auto-populates the body of the email with a table that looks like that.

we need to be able to enter info on the right side of the table, the left side will have static info.

this is to make it easier to send an email instead of having to copy-paste the table everytime its needed and its needed quite a bit
Hopefully this is close to what you need. Add css styles to get the table to looks the way you like, I don't have time to help you with that.
http://jsfiddle.net/sun7f/2/

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i appreciate the answers here, but alas i don't think its possible to do what i want.

i just want that table to show up in the email body when we click the mailto hyperlink.

Code:
<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=random&body=that table but not a jpg, and editable table of info">
click this to send that email
</a>

outlook opens -> email to [email protected] subject says random, (body has that table)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
i appreciate the answers here, but alas i don't think its possible to do what i want.

i just want that table to show up in the email body when we click the mailto hyperlink.

Code:
<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=random&body=that table but not a jpg, and editable table of info">
click this to send that email
</a>

outlook opens -> email to [email protected] subject says random, (body has that table)
I think this is the final answer unfortunately.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5620324/mailto-with-html-body

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

OH! I completely misunderstood what you meant - I thought the table is supposed to be on the site and fetch e-mail drafts, not the other way around! :rofl2: Sorry, my bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: esp if there's no time limits, gosh! Cum on already!