htc HD2

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by CookiesMilk, Jul 25, 2010.

1. CookiesMilk
    OP

CookiesMilk GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2010
    Malaysia
    Anyone own htc HD2 here? If so, what do you think of it, is it nice? Even you only own it in the past, just tell me whether its a nice mobile phone or not.. Thanks.

2. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    Why do you care? Its a phone with overpriced features!

3. DeadLocked

DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

Aug 18, 2008
    Britland
    I don't own a HTC HD2 but i've been on one and it was great if you really want a phone that size. I've got a HTC hero atm and I like the sense UI but I can't decide whether i like iphone UI better or this (tbh) but HTC isn't an evil corporation so they allow you to put whatever you want on your phone without hacks needed. If you're not bothered about the size I would go for HTC EVO really.

4. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Droid X pretty much destroys the Evo.

As far as the HD2 is concerned, Windows Mobile is pretty much obsolete. There is a working port of Froyo, but I can't comment on the level of completion. Unless you need/want a GSM handset (or plan on buying second-hand and going PPM), I'd just recommend going with the Droid X or iPhone 4.

Also, while I haven't had a chance to test the Galaxy S handsets yet, having tested the Nexus One, Evo, and Droid X, I think 4" is probably the sweet spot. They're definitely worth a look (not to mention the SAMOLED screens have been reviewing very well).

5. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    i think you should rather go for HTC Legend, or desire if u got alot of money to waste

6. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    The Legend is running on outdated hardware, and Android isn't the most efficient code. Running on anything pre-Snapdragon and there's pretty noticeable interface lag.

7. Javacat

Javacat GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    I've not got a HTC HD2, but I have got a HTC HD and it's awesome. The HTC HD2 is only a minor update of the HD, which is why I've not bothered upgrading.

8. Gnargle

Gnargle The day I set a profile picture is the day I die

Jul 29, 2008
    England
    Apart from the shitty UI overlaid onto Android.
    @OP: HTC HD2 runs WinMo 6.5, which is terrible. BUT: You can install Windows Phone 7 and Androis on it through some jigerry-pokery so, if you've got the skills, you can make it 100000000000000x better.