Hacking How to use Nintendo Video/Netflix on 3DS outside US

abae2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of complex procedure of spoofing nintendo video server to use nintendo video on 3DS outside US, i have got something very simple.
Just access your wireless internet router and change its Primary and Secondry DNS (i got DNS settings from unblock-us) and you are ready to go. Just like that.
Now i am using netflix on my 3ds and also download Nintendo videos from nintendo offical server.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice ad,
rolleyes.gif

but is there already any really good Free Solution?

I know some , but all have bad limitations, other are trials... etc

unblock-us its free? its fast? which are the DNSs for non USA america?

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
abae2020 said:
Instead of complex procedure of spoofing nintendo video server to use nintendo video on 3DS outside US, i have got something very simple.
Just access your wireless internet router and change its Primary and Secondry DNS (i got DNS settings from unblock-us) and you are ready to go. Just like that.
Now i am using netflix on my 3ds and also download Nintendo videos from nintendo offical server.

Good work! I like the way you think, add some pictures and create a guide, this will be useful in the future guaranteed.

Z

Zorua

Why are you changing your DNS servers to access Netflix and Nintendo Video when you're already in the US? Or is this an advertisement?
dry.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Zorua said:
Why are you changing your DNS servers to access Netflix and Nintendo Video when you're already in the US? Or is this an advertisement?
dry.gif
wat.
Maybe he isn't from the US? By the looks of his profile he hasn't changed a single one so I'm guessing the default flag is US.

Also there is no website in his post and by the looks of his other threads, he isn't a spambot.

abae2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
dry.gif
No, i am not in US. That is why i came up with this solution.

abae2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSonic2 said:
He's either...
i) Advertising
ii) Not actually in the USA
iii) Trying to help people.

Pick one. To op, spoof might have some hassle but it's free and fast so I'd rather use it.
I am trying to help people as other helped me.
But i am very new to all these, and i have learnt a lot from you guys.

abae2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Immortal_no1 said:
abae2020 said:

Good work! I like the way you think, add some pictures and create a guide, this will be useful in the future guaranteed.
I wish i could do a guide but i am too new to do this and i am still figuring out how to use these forums properly.

canaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone have tried this? I really can't understand how (if) this works. The DNS system have not about the connection after the query, so I really can't find how this can work.
The DNS system is simple:
1 - you want to connect to a nintendo server, e.g. down.nintendo.com, so first the program that are trying to access made a DNS probe to discover the IP address of down.nintendo.com - name are just to help people remember the sites, in fact what is used is the IP Number (this is the part of DNS server, they will look up for you the IP of the site, then send to application that requested).
2 - With the IP of down.nintendo.com, the application request directly what they want from this IP - DNS has not to do here.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Zorua said:
dry.gif
wat.
Maybe he isn't from the US? By the looks of his profile he hasn't changed a single one so I'm guessing the default flag is US.

Also there is no website in his post and by the looks of his other threads, he isn't a spambot.
Despite the fact that he may not be from the US, there is no "Default Flag", if you don't pick one you don't get one.

canaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now I understand. This kind of service redirects you. When they send the DNS Answer, they not tell you the IP of down.nintendo.com (i.e.), but the IP from a server that will redirect all you traffic, so this is in fact, the same think as use a proxy, but in a transparent way.

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Haven't tried it myself yet, but I've read on other argentinian forums that this WORKS. I think you can even edit the DNS directly on the 3DS settings.

abae2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fedex14 said:
Haven't tried it myself yet, but I've read on other argentinian forums that this WORKS. I think you can even edit the DNS directly on the 3DS settings.
Editing DNS setting in 3ds alone will not work. you have to change the DNS setting of your router and no need to change the setting in 3ds.

abae2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atevildead said:
it not free u have to sign up for a trial
yes it is a trial.
My trial expired but i emailed them and they have extended my trial period. Still looking for free forever solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4