How to use nand backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Master-wiiner, Mar 26, 2011.

Mar 26, 2011

How to use nand backup by Master-wiiner at 1:07 AM (1,563 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Master-wiiner
    OP

Newcomer Master-wiiner Member

United States
    I'm pretty sure i bricked my wii, It says the system files are corrupted. I have my nand backup bootmii and keys.bin, can someone help me fix my wii? I don't have the homebrew channel anymore, but I am pretty sure I installed bootmii with boot 2, or what ever it is called when it loads up when you start the wii.

2. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    First I recommend some reading for you: Brick - WiiBrew. Pay extra close attention to the Semi/Partial Brick & Banner Brick sections as they may pertain to your situation.

Done reading the above? Good. Now you know that you don't necessarily have to restore from an old NAND backup in order to fix your Wii. If you know what you did last to cause this situation you can reverse your actions to get out of it. For example if you installed a corrupted System Menu you can use BootMii/Boot2 to access install the HBC and install a fresh new copy of the System Menu.

If you have decided that restoring your NAND backup is the easiest thing to do well, I can't really stop you can I? I would recommend making a new NAND backup as-is just in case you need something off of it like a game save; which you can extract from the NAND dump at a later time. You can follow this guide on how to use BootMii to restore your NAND backup: THE BOOTMII GUIDE

-[]D

3. Master-wiiner
    OP

Newcomer Master-wiiner Member

United States
    Okay, so the here is some more info. The last thing I did was install netflix, and watch a movie. Now it is saying the system is corrupt. I can get to the save files, but I can't delete them or do anything with them. And I can't get to the systems menu. So I think I have a banner brick. So I have the bootmii folder, the nand, and the keys. The problem is that bootmii wont start up. I know now that i installed it as boot 2. So what do I have to do to get it working? Is there a special place I need to put the file or something?

4. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    If you have accidentally erased the bootmii directory from your Wii's SD card then you can replace them with those from here: bootmii.zip - Just unzip the bootmii directory and all into the root of the Wii's SD card. BootMii, if indeed installed as BootMii/Boot2, should run when you power off and restart your Wii.

-[]D

5. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have bootmii installed as boot2, and have a nand backup, you may be in luck! Follow above post to confirm that you do.