Hacking How to use gateway3ds red card back?

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I used to own a o3ds but i have sold it a few years ago and then i bought a n3ds recently,and follow the steps from 3ds guide and made into luma b9 ver 11.6 ,but i still have my gateway3ds red card ,but cant even make a use of it.

How should i do to make gateway3ds works again? Thank you.

D

Deleted User

They were allegedly working on 11.6 emunand support, but it's been a while since we've last heard from them

EDIT: They haven't released a single update for two years, and the last we heard from them was that they were working on 11.3/11.4 support. I don't think you'll have any luck with Gateway 3DS at this point in time

Last edited by ,
Reactions: AdamFX990

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
They were allegedly working on 11.6 emunand support, but it's been a while since we've last heard from them

EDIT: They haven't released a single update for two years, and the last we heard from them was that they were working on 11.3/11.4 support. I don't think you'll have any luck with Gateway 3DS at this point in time
I have read about ctr transfer ,but i dont really know what is that ,i worried it might brick my n3ds.
Can i ctr transfer to Rednand (an emunand created from sysnand) ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You would need to setup gateway EmuNAND. Don't know how, probably google for it.
But why?
because need to use the cheat engine, that cheat engine was so easy to use. Gateway emunand will be blackscreen if setup on after 11.2 version.

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
do you guys have any idea of how to make this works? I have luma 11.6 but even if i make a gateway emunand with godmode9 ,it wont boot ,so i cant install the updates from this site .

D

Deleted User

It's not even possible to use Gateway 3DS on an updated emuNAND at this point in time, and possibly never in the upcoming future. You should just give up on Gateway like all of us have long ago

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
how do i downgrade it? i dont even have gateway emunand.
  • Make an emuNAND with GodMode9.
  • Look for 9.2 CTR transfer files on the web (you can see the Web archive for https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer)
  • Do a CTR transfer using that file
  • Set up Gateway
  • Get a Yoshi Wooly World rom and update using it (hold Up on the D-pad while the cursor is over boot Gateway in the Gateway menu, then try to play Yoshi)
  • Install the files that update parts of the system to 11.6
It's not recommended to use Gateway though

Reactions: kkusagami

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
  • Make an emuNAND with GodMode9.
  • Look for 9.2 CTR transfer files on the web (you can see the Web archive for https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer)
  • Do a CTR transfer using that file
  • Set up Gateway
  • Get a Yoshi Wooly World rom and update using it (hold Up on the D-pad while the cursor is over boot Gateway in the Gateway menu, then try to play Yoshi)
  • Install the files that update parts of the system to 11.6
It's not recommended to use Gateway though

wow ,thank you this is the details that all i need ,thank you again.
but ctr transfer to sysnand? can't i create an usable gateway emunand 11.6 with godmode9 and ctr transfer this gateway emunand into 9.2?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
is this the order ?

create emunand from godmode9
ctr transfer 9.2 to freshly created emunand
setup gateway emunand
update gateway emunand to 11.6 with the method from maxconsole?
Yes that should do it. You should update to 11.2 before updating to 11.6 in case there are any negative effects from having some of the system being a lot lower.

Reactions: kkusagami

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes that should do it. You should update to 11.2 before updating to 11.6 in case there are any negative effects from having some of the system being a lot lower.

how to update firmware version to 11.2 with yoshi ? i get that woolly rom and copy to red card then hold Up_D-pad while in gateway menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: