Hacking How to use emummc to update from 3.0.0?

bobovieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I have a switch on 3.0.0
I do not want to update it, but I want to update my emummc which I created with Hekate 5.0.0
I can launch the CFW (emummc) option and I'm in the switch main menu, I can launch homebrew etc.
If I look at the system info my current version is 3.0.0 (AMS 0.9.2)

Now ideally I would like to update the emummc to the latest version, so I could read there 8.1.0(AMS 0.9.2)
I do not want to update my switch, which I would like to keep to 3.0.0
I do not want to burn any fuse.

I hope I understand correctly and I can do that.
But how should I do that?
Can somebody help me?

Zuzuooloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch sysnand is still on 3.0.0 firmware. My emummc is on 8.0.1. I don't believe any fuses have been burnt because I accidentally loaded up my sysnand fine. I may be wrong though.

The process is simple.
Load up hekate, load up emummc, use choidujournx to update from 3.0.0 to 8.1 (turn off autorcm, you also need to download the update file from that site). Emummc will then be on 8.1, with sysnand still on 3.0.0

Last edited by Zuzuooloo,

bobovieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
My Switch sysnand is still on 3.0.0 firmware. My emummc is on 8.0.1. I don't believe any fuses have been burnt because I accidentally loaded up my sysnand fine. I may be wrong though.

The process is simple.
Load up hekate, load up emummc, use choidujournx to update from 3.0.0 to 8.1 (turn off autorcm, you also need to download the update file from that site). Emummc will then be on 8.1, with sysnand still on 3.0.0

Hey thanks for the help Zuzuooloo!

So just to recap n make sure I understand you correctly:
by using choidujournx to update emummc fro 3 to 8, when I will turn on my switch without any hack it will be 3.0.0, and if I will launch CFW emummc from hekate it will be 8.etc, correct?
All without any burned fuses?

Last edited by bobovieri,

Janio_scjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I updated my emunand to 8.1.0 and enabled autoRCM, I dont want to play online, just keep my sysnand in the lowest firmware possible. I need to do a backup of my emunand in case of a accidentally burn my fuses? I'm confused.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got de idea now, it's not possible to burn the fuses if I keep sysnand on the lowest firmware.

Last edited by Janio_scjr,

bobovieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
So I updated my emunand to 8.1.0 and enabled autoRCM, I dont want to play online, just keep my sysnand in the lowest firmware possible. I need to do a backup of my emunand in case of a accidentally burn my fuses? I'm confused.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got de idea now, it's not possible to burn the fuses if I keep sysnand on the lowest firmware.

Hey Janio, thanks for the update.
So can you tell me how did you update the emunand?
Did you use choidujournx like Zuzuooloo said?
He said to not enable autorcm, why did you do it?
If you boot up without any exploit, do you have the system at 3.0.0 (or whatever is your low firmware)?

Reactions: Janio_scjr

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you boot up without any exploit, do you have the system at 3.0.0 (or whatever is your low firmware)?

1. you just need to make sure never update the sysnand to avoid burn fuses and since the fuse count matches the firmware version (3.0.0) autorcm isn't needed so u can boot up without a dongle or jig then you activate the warmboot to access cfw and emummc 8.1
2. update emummc using choidujournx to be safe and not burn fuse
3, but it also re-enables autorcm

Last edited by Joe88, , Reason: Please do not link to warez

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. you just need to make sure never update the sysnand to avoid burn fuses and since the fuse count matches the firmware version (3.0.0) autorcm isn't needed so u can boot up without a dongle or jig then you activate the warmboot to access cfw and emummc 8.1

remove that link
you cant link to copyrighted stuff here bruh

Last edited by Joe88,

bobovieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Thanks PCwizard7, but I still don't get the exact order here.
your "3, but it also re enables autorcm" doesn't compute here.
Like you said, autorcm is for booting without dongle.
I don't want it, I'm fine with using my paperclip every time.
Does choidujournx NEED autorcm? If so, why? Can I switch it off?

Last edited by Joe88, , Reason: Removed warez link from quote

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks PCwizard7, but I still don't get the exact order here.
your "3, but it also re enables autorcm" doesn't compute here.
Like you said, autorcm is for booting without dongle.
I don't want it, I'm fine with using my paperclip every time.
Does choidujournx NEED autorcm? If so, why? Can I switch it off?
ChoiDujourNX enables AutoRCM by default, I'm not sure if there's a way to turn that off but you can always disable AutoRCM afterwards. I think you can use Hekate to do that.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ChoiDujourNX enables AutoRCM by default, I'm not sure if there's a way to turn that off but you can always disable AutoRCM afterwards. I think you can use Hekate to do that.

this is what 3 mean't. now as long as you keep your sysnand on 3.0 you won't need a paper clip or dongle. the warmboot exploit allows you to boot into cfw or emummc without the need for a paper clip or dongle

Janio_scjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

1 question: Yes I used choidujournx, its a pretty simple process.

2 question: I enabled for extra precaution, but isnt necessary, I already disabled it.

3 question: When I boot without any exploit, my switch boot into original sysnand (6.0.1), so its impossible to burn fuses.

Choidujournx let you enable or disable autoRCM during the update process, you can also choose in Hekate.

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by Janio_scjr,

bobovieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
1 question: Yes I used choidujournx, its a pretty simple process.

2 question: I enabled for extra precaution, but isnt necessary, I already disabled it.

3 question: When I boot without any exploit, my switch boot into original sysnand (6.0.1), so its impossible to burn fuses.

Choidujournx let you enable or disable autoRCM during the update process, you can also choose in Hekate.

Sorry for my bad english.

Awesome, thanks for the help!

Reactions: Janio_scjr

2pacsawyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to update the emummc firmware on an ipatched switch? It looks like I can follow the normal tutorial and just make sure I disable AutoRCM within ChoiDujourNX when installing the firmware file.

Ipatched switch
OFW 4.1.0
CFW 4.1.0 (Atmostphere 0.9.2)
Hekate 5.0.0

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to update the emummc firmware on an ipatched switch? It looks like I can follow the normal tutorial and just make sure I disable AutoRCM within ChoiDujourNX when installing the firmware file.

Ipatched switch
OFW 4.1.0
CFW 4.1.0 (Atmostphere 0.9.2)
Hekate 5.0.0
That is the purpose of emuMMC; to have an updated firmware without updating the firmware of the console (sysMMC).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ