Homebrew Emulation How to use a multiplayer VC NES game on 2 CFW 2DS XL?

Lion_252

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have two 2DS XL, both with CFW.
I prepared with NSUI a CIA for a VC NES game (Balloon Fight, a two-player game).
I installed it: It works fine.
How do I use the two-player mode?

I tried on one console to click on "Start Download Play" from the VC NES game. It says "Waiting for the other players..."
On the second console with a CFW, I do not know how to start the "Download Play", as it has been replaced by the homebrew menu.

Question 1. Is there a simple way to play a two-player VC NES games on two CFW 2DS without removing the homebrew menu?
Question 2. If I need to start the original "Download play" software, is there a way to start it from the homebrew menu?

Thanks,
Lionel

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Start homebrew menu then go into the rosalina menu and select miscellaneous options then select switch the hb. title to the current app and then hit save settings. Exit out of homebrew menu and your download play will work again.

When you want the Homebrew menu back just do the same as above.

Lion_252

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you: its works, even thought it is a little bit too complex for my children (they are 6 and 7)!

Would it be a solution to set the homebrew launcher to the "Health & Safety Information" application, so as to leave the "Download play" application? Or does it has drawbacks that I do not know?
Regards,
Lionel

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you: its works, even thought it is a little bit too complex for my children (they are 6 and 7)!

Would it be a solution to set the homebrew launcher to the "Health & Safety Information" application, so as to leave the "Download play" application? Or does it has drawbacks that I do not know?
Regards,
Lionel
That's what I used to do. It seems far better than losing Download Play and I don't know why the guide doesn't suggest the Health & Safety Info app.

stüssy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi Lionel As I saw your post, I immediately wanted to try this out but I do not find the option "Start Download Play" inside the Balloon Fight game, I only have Resume Game and Reset in the touch screen menu. Can it be I have the wrong cia installed?

Lion_252

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Stüssy,
I have, from top to bottom:
  • Resume Game
  • Create Restore Point
  • Reset
  • Start Download Play
I created the cia with NSUI beta 27, with "Enable Download Play" checkbox checked (on the lower right corner of NSUI).
Lionel

PS. I may open a new thread, as switching the homebrew menu from "download play" to "health & safety" starts the homebrew menu, but none of the software (ftpd, mgba, etc.) works, and the console freezes when I select one.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS. I may open a new thread, as switching the homebrew menu from "download play" to "health & safety" starts the homebrew menu, but none of the software (ftpd, mgba, etc.) works, and the console freezes when I select one.
This is why Download Play is only used temporarily, and a separate homebrew launcher title is installed. It is one of the few system titles that will actually work in this case.

Reactions: sley

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is why Download Play is only used temporarily, and a separate homebrew launcher title is installed. It is one of the few system titles that will actually work in this case.
Honestly, it would be a better idea to use the eShop.

Lion_252

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you N7Kopper: I just tried, and it works. I will investigates if it has some drawback before leaving it on the kids consoles.
Lionel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...