Hacking How to Update manually from Official firmware 3.61 to 3.65 for use with the new h-encore

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ryccardo
Then I wonder why nothing's coming up when I connect my Vita USB and click on update through USB?
Could it be my region I think my Vita is an import would that have something to do with it?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Ryccardo
Then I wonder why nothing's coming up when I connect my Vita USB and click on update through USB?
Could it be my region I think my Vita is an import would that have something to do with it?
First you said "a content manager error", now you said "nothing": could you post a picture?

(You could also try updating from recovery mode, though I doubt it will change the outcome)

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ryccardo
First of all my computer makes the disconnect sound every time I press Update from USB
the error or message I'm getting every time here is as followed:
Could not connect to the PC.
Check that Content Manager Assistant is running on the PC.
When Content Manager Assistant is running an icon will be displayed in the notification area.
(C0-11264-4)

Do I need Content Manager Assistant installed in order for this to detect my Vita?

EDIT: Tried two computers now both say "Could not connect to the device"
I have no idea what to do...

Last edited by BigDaddyWeaves,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do I need Content Manager Assistant installed in order for this to detect my Vita?
QCMA is a copy of $ony's "Content Manager Assistant" (with some more settings, no playlist support, a little less stability, no forced vita updates, and no spyware), and no you shouldn't run both of them

@Dave_Chad suggested reinstalling QCMA with a different driver (that may need you to boot into test mode to enable unsigned drivers), did you try that?

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ryccardo
UPDATE: Switched to another computer and I did it successfully.
I don't know what the problem was all I know is I'm updated to OFW 3.65 now and all is good now comes the part where I update to CFW
Thanks for your help @Ryccardo and @Dave_Chad I really appreciate it. I might be making a post on how to update to 3.65 h-encore so don't be afraid to help me out over there either lol

Reactions: Ryccardo

neosoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just adding to this thread because this helped me as well. Followed the steps for a manual update of the firmware from 3.6x to 3.65 using (search Google "Manually update PS Vita QCMA" from wololo.net)

Also update.xml isn't enabled by default but you can force the the version to be 03.650.000 manually in settings.

Another note is that the PSP needs to be bound to a PSN account - you can do this safely after the Vita is reset without having to update the Vita first.

Hopefully this helps someone else too! (All the steps I found were using the DNS trick which is currently down).

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download the "NPS Broswer" for information purposes only version.

type 3.65 into the search box

go to your local game store before they stop selling vita games (gamestop store closures, near vita's end)

buy a ps vita game on 3.65 firmware, and run it, your vita will be updated to 3.65 firmware = No Risk of a Brick.

Reactions: Vinceherman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol