How to update games with Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aglae Pheryl, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi folks,

My kids have 3DS with Getway cards and running the latest OMEGA 2.3b BETA.

They updated to 8.1 and now eshop seems to be working fine. How do you update games while running Gateway ? Do you have to update one game at a time or does it automatically checks all games on the card ?

Thanks and very sorry if this is a dumb question, I only follow this from a distance and I am not familiar with the Ninty world at all.

2. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Not a problem! Most (if not all) should update directly, once played again, I believe! Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

3. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    Firstly, you can search for a word “update” (in your eShop’s language (actualización?) in eShop to download them all (even for the games you don’t own). Secondly, there is an option in eShop to display updates for the apps you own (ROMs count too). Thirdly, you’ll be prompted to update when launching the game that requires an update.

4. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Thanks, I'll tell my kids to look into this and I'll be learning as well... Thanks again.

5. Kyle Puddi

Kyle Puddi Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2014
    Hi Aglae
    Can I just ask when you updated whether GW version of your firmware popped up when in the settings menu?
    Mine just says the normal firmware even while in GW mode (I can select my roms)
    Did you just update with the launcher file or the blue card too?

6. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    I only updated the launcher file (I erased the previous file from the SDCard and copied over from the PC).
    I restarted the 3DS console and as usual went to settings / profile to 'boot' into the mode where one can select games.
    I started the internet then (after checking that the consoles were in GW mode) and updated to 8.1. It now shows GW 8.... (I'm at work so I don't have the exact figures).
    I did that for all my kids consoles.
    Previous games and saved files still work (at least the one they have tested).

7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Yeah I suggest while it lasts of course go into e-shop type in the search box "Update" and then just download all the updates available. I here Jap 3ds's has many updates available but the UK & USA versions not so many so just download them all of e-shop to your 3DS before niti decides to pop up a nasty update before SSB just to ruin it for all of us, I bet! :(

8. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Would the term be localized or does 'update' work for all countries ? Anyway, I'll give it a try.

9. Skyrider

Skyrider GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Last time I launched a game and it mentioned there was an update available. Could be related that I launched the eshop once and it checked all current games I recently launched for an update.

10. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Well, it seems the term 'update' is localized. I could only find a couple searching for 'update' but could find quite a few more when searching for that very same term in my native language. Anyway it seems to have worked. Kids seem happy, I'll let you know if I blew something as they will let me know angrily. Kids these days ;)